View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #20
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Some problems with Episode III of Star Wars ... Spoiler tagging for the three people who still haven't seen it.

Spoiler: show
Problem 1.
Quote:
Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."
Obi Wan: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Just gonna put that out there.
Quote:
The sentence "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is an absolute in itself.
Yeah ... ^^;

Problem 2.
Quote:
"Its over Anakin, I have the high ground." -Obi Wan

Pretty sure Darth Maul had the high ground too, look how that turned out.
Good point! ^^;;

Problem 3.
This one's my own independent observation. I was just thinking ... how/why does Obi-Wan justify not putting an end to Anakin on Mustafar? Of course people will want to argue things like "hindsight bias is 20/20" and "he left Anakin for dead," but that only answers why he might not have terminated a threat to the galaxy. There's a far greater problem with Obi-Wan's decision to walk away from the immolating Anakin: he decided against putting Ani out of his misery. O-o; What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ... I get that "Anakin" is dead and all, but ... isn't that extraordinarily cruel and remorseless to leave "Vader" to die like that when you could just, I dunno, walk right on over and decapitate him? Put an end to his suffering. Wouldn't that be the Jedi thing to do? Put down a lame horse, put down a sick dog ... put down a wretched murderer who is in anguish? Isn't it more a Sith-like thing to be all, "You deserve to die in pain." "I could put an end to you right now, but ... no, I think I'll just ... go ahead and walk back over to my spaceship. Let the flames slowly consume your body. Bye~"
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote