View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #12
Snorby
Snackin'

An interesting thing Bulbapedia says about Dodrio is that they have 3 sets of lungs and hearts. Using this as a base, there's all kinds of things we could give to Dodrio:

1. Since it has multiple sets of lungs, Sleep Powder, Poison Gas, Stun Spore, etc. could have their effects weakened on Dodrio since the attack is spread between 3 respiratory systems.

2. Since the purpose of the 3 hearts and 3 sets of lungs is to improve its endurance so it can run long distances, we could make it incredibly fast a la Weavile and/or make it tire more slowly than other pokemon a la Fighting types.

Outside of that, giving it some form of limited flight like Kush said could be cool, and I won't comment on TKF's idea because I'm biased.

Also:

Infernape (Fire/Fighting): Infernape have flames on their head. These only go out when sleeping and can be used for illumination and to burn the foe if there is prolonged contact. They will increase and decrease in size depending on how intense the battle is, with a larger plume as the situation goes dire. Infernape are extremely good climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.

This looks fine on the surface since Infernape is a pretty great Pokemon but

Monferno (Fire/Fighting): Monferno have flames on their tail. These only go out when sleeping and can be used for illumination and to burn the foe if there is prolonged contact. When threatened, Monferno increase the size of their flame to appear larger than they really are in order to intimidate their opponent. If a Pokémon would reasonably be afraid of Monferno, said Pokémon will be slightly less effective in battle. Monferno are extremely good climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. As starter Pokémon, their Fire-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/4 health.

They're exactly the same and I don't think it seems right to make people wait 3 TLs to evolve their Monferno into Infernape when it gets like, 3 moves and size to differentiate them.

All I can think of is a boost to punching moves right now (Or maybe a stronger Blaze than other starters because Anime) but we should really differentiate the two. Because 3 moves and being bigger is really not the difference between TL2 and TL5

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.

Last edited by Snorby; 12-29-2015 at 03:27 PM.