Thread: Rick and Morty
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Just finished Season 1. (Eleven episodes.) It was good. Overall I'd say 8/10. Choice episodes are 9/10, and choice moments are 10/10.

Wish I had more to say. :\ It's a good show. It just ... also doesn't inspire me to discuss too much about it right now. Those of you who haven't seen what I've seen, I don't want to spoil. Those who have, what am I supposed to do? Regurgitate the plot at you?

I guess a few things I can think of to say ... (Spoilers thru S1 finale)

Spoiler: show
I don't mind Morty not getting Jessica, but it bothers me that Jessica dates / hangs out with a guy like Brad. In fact, the fact that she does hang out with a guy like Brad makes me want Morty not to get her. Morty deserves better.

I called the possibility of a timeline where Morty's the genius calling the shots. But with respect to S1E10, I:
  • bubbled that down in favor of Loser Rick being the villain
  • bubbled it back up but only if Evil Morty's Rick were Loser Rick; and since Loser Rick said he didn't have a Morty of his own initially and that the Council gifted him another Morty already, bubbled it right back down
Neither appeared to end up happening. Just straight up "Evil Morty's the one calling the shots; Loser Rick has no involvement."

The backstory for "wub-a-lub-a-dub-dub!" seemed contrived and after-the-fact, but it was also touching and lent Rick some sympathy which was nice.

Did Birdperson just sleep with a minor? O-o ^^;;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote