Thread: Rick and Morty
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Rick and Morty

Rick and Morty is an adult animated science fiction comedy currently airing on Adult Swim. One part Back to the Future, one part Doctor Who, and one part Beavis & Butthead, the show is an interesting mix of the cute and the offensive, the childish and the adult ... it's pretty much like watching an R-rated, animated, modern re-imagining of Back to the Future.

About a year ago, a friend of a friend recommended this show to me. About six months ago, our mutual friend recommended it to me too. About three months ago, the show crossed the inflection point and it seems the entire Internet can't shut up about how awesome Rick and Morty is. Well, the other night I decided to go ahead and finally check the show out. Watched Episodes 1 and 2 that night. Watched 3, 4, and 5 last night. Just finished 6 and it was so wow (at the very end, pre-credits) that I had to stop what I was doing and come make this thread posthaste.

The show is definitely not suited to younger viewers. Substantial adult humor, both in degree and in frequency. But since 90% of UPN is adults anyway, it's okay!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote