View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #155
Jerichi
本✚能

I think you're really underestimating the utility of having diverse STAB. One of the reasons Psychics are boring and tactically really one-sided is that nearly all of their damaging STABs are identical. Some types like Fire have viable single typed 'mon like Rapidash because they have a diverse set of STAB moves to work off. Fighting is even better because nearly every Fighting move has a different use.

Want to trip up a foe? Low Kick. Want to deliver a huge hit while your foe fucks around? Focus Punch. Want a fast attack with huge damage? Superpower. Want to open the gap and heal yourself too without burning tons of energy? Drain Punch.

You're also underplaying the diversity that the Headbutts and Elemental Punches bring. Just because Hawlucha can't fight its weaknesses more effectively with them doesn't mean they're useless. Zen Headbutt is a great tool to use to clear mental blocks and is a nice option against fellow Fightings that might not car as much about Flying attacks. Thunder Punch is nice for Flying types since you're not always going to have enough Rock to do the job.

That said I think it would be fine at TL3. Its playstyle is really strange and I doubt it would dominate, but I don't think your argument holds much water.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote