View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #39
Slash
Poison Jam

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm trying to find much I object to here. Honestly, I don't feel like we should allow people to amass huge collections of legendaries of the higher tiers, but then again, I'm honestly not too keen on introducing the "Ubers" anyway.

There was also discussion on the req of Equi not being able to be under either trainer's TL in this propsal:

Quote:
[1:18:47 AM] Emi the Firestorm Monarch: Sneeze definitely did a very good thing
[1:22:11 AM] Emi the Firestorm Monarch: The only thing I probably don't agree with is vets not being able to do leveling matches with each other and having it count because I don't honestly feel ASB has come far enough where vets will be more respectful to newbies in battling but its honestly a minor thing
[1:22:53 AM] Emi the Firestorm Monarch: and more an issue of attitude and culture than policy
[1:23:06 AM] Effectively an "and": what if we allowed Equiall but not Equilevel?
[1:23:21 AM] Effectively an "and": so you have to use the low-leveled Pokémon as low stages
[1:23:37 AM] Effectively an "and": especially pronounced with new Acquisitions bumping everything up hugely
[1:23:44 AM] Emi the Firestorm Monarch: Yeah that's a fair point
[1:24:12 AM] Emi the Firestorm Monarch: I mean we do frown on people who use equilevel in matches like that but I dunno I don't feel its enough sometimes
I mean, if we're considering this system alongside the vast majority of the revised acquisitions, lower Equiall is mostly not-fully-evolved Pokemon, the ones who actually need levels, and it does the same to avoid using high evos to just spam the foe into a streak into the ground. I think it's a nice compromise.

All in all, Sneezey's proposal fits and makes a lot of sense, and I put my support behind it as well
As may be expected though, our clear winner here was Kairne, ASB's champion of prioritizing the pokemon you like over those that are objectively better. I mean, one of his mains is a Watchog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.
Leader of the "Stop Screwing Over Smeargle" Brigade

ASB
Spoiler: show
Art by Kairne
ASB
[URL="http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4387"]
Daisy Art:

Battlecuts courtesy of DaisyInari

Random stuffs: