View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #37
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
I'm on break atm, but I just wanted to chime in to ask why we change the Fairy SC for the worse again? In the recent ASB Mart post from Dave, this Fairy SC was officially rolled out:

Quote:
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, though they can fight in urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
Why are we back to this again?

Quote:
[Fairy]: Fairy-types are generally pure hearted and gregarious. They prefer natural environments and will fight more enthusiastically in them, disliking urban environments. Any attack used by a Fairy-type which manipulates the environment is slightly more effective owing to the magical energies involved and attacks which boost allied Pokémon is slightly more effective at providing a buff. They are immune to the damaging effects of Dragon-typed energy.
I mean, if we're buffing Electrics with an ability to more cleanly evade heat diffraction (and let's face it: Electrics are probably one of the best types in the League), why are we nerfing the Fairies with this urban thing again? I'm not sure if it's an oversight or not, but I thought we (mainly Kin & Slash) established in 2014 that giving Fairies that urban nerf made newbie refs treat Fairies as having an epileptic seizure in indoor arenas, which is startling.

If Fighting-types are getting a "They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings", I don't see why not Fairies should get their equivalent.

Everything else seems fine, although I seriously question why Exploud is getting a nerf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-type Access
> 14: Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, Snorlax
13: Dunsparce, Ursaring, Slaking, Exploud, Zangoose
12: Raticate, Persian, Blissey, Tauros, Ambipom, Miltank, Delcatty, Kecleon, Watchog, Bouffalant

I would argue that Ursaring and Slaking are both more useful and versatile than Exploud, who doesn't have the same "hey, I'm immune to all sound moves" buff that the species had back when Kush was presumably Normal GL and was using the Pokemon to great effect. Kush's expertise is great, but Exploud's useability has dropped since its old SC got knocked down. Size-wise, he's actually very small compared to both Slaking and Ursaring. Not as omnipotent as first impressions may suggest.

Thanks for all the great work, though.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote