View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #8
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Quote:
Rework the Referee Grades system so that - becomes the baseline standard for the speed grades. Remove the punishments associated with it, but do not allow for rewards. Scale up from there.
I feel that the rewards should stay and the -3 cap aswell I honestly don’t feel like the -3 makes a difference to – grade refs due to the time it takes them in the first place and as slash said
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash
I'd like to point out that adding an extra modifier to everyone's week bonus except the "-" level would only serve to exclude and demotivate the tier that actually could use the extra motivation to go faster, instead of ones who are already mostly working at that pace anyway
Quote:
Shift the Weekly Bonus to x1.5 SP for those referees who are at neutral or above speed grades.
In my opinion the 1.5x should be for all grades not just neutral or above it would allow refs whom cannot achieve the weekly reffings consistently to gain some extra sp, that being said removing the -3 cap doesn’t really do much since they most likely are not reffing more than 7 battles and if they are able to then they should increase their speed.
Quote:
Set the base SP earnings to x1.5X, where X is number of Pokemon in X vs. X, for matches of 4 vs. 4 and higher. This omits the expected leveling stipulations so as to avoid RF abuse (2vs. 2 Singles, 3 vs. 3 Doubles).
This would make reffing larger matches much more worthwhile I like this idea.

As for what Snorby said

Quote:
A: Make (and enforce) a rule that to be answered, all Q/A questions (and S/I ones pertaining to battles) have a link to the battle in the post, so that those answering can get all the context they might need to construct informed answers. This has the bonus effect of insuring that nobody slips questions about their ref test into the Q/A.

B: Get back into the state of mind where we side with the referee whenever it's feasible and they aren't truly out of line. Giving an uncertain referee the reassurance that they aren't causing more problems than they're solving by reffing would be huge in keeping them from losing motivation and closing up shop, I'd think.

C: Take action when people don't respect their referee's discretion. I'm not saying punish people whenever they step out of line, but if someone is consistently making it a pain to ref one of their matches by completely disregarding their referee's discretion, they deserve a stern talking-to at the very least.
I agree with this completely

Finally I feel like one of the reasons that battles get so clogged up is them waiting in the queue for a replacement ref. I feel like D grade refs should be able to take on matches in progress with permission from both battlers this would:
a) Get lower grade refs a chance to see how other refs notes are done
b) Allow the queue to flow more smoothly and get a ref to use up a spare slot on a match that won’t take as long
c) Get matches finished instead of them waiting for weeks on end

PASBL Squad l C+ Grade Ref l Grass Gym Trainer

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote