View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #307
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post

Blues the Poliwag was next, but unlike the others, he didn't stay around long for goodbyes - both because he hated them, and idle banter in general even more. Much as he loved water he despised crying, most of all his own, and as such was quick to turn his back to Levin and rush toward Jake.

I'm sure he'll grant you the freedom of an explorer unlike that which I could provide... you're an adventurer at heart, a traveler more than a battler, and that makes our destinies fundamentally different. I should have seen that when I took you in, but I'm glad I figured you out in time, before I grew too attached and left you too confined. So long, Captain Blues...

He then reluctantly released the Pokemon inside the Love Ball in his hand. In a spectacle of rainbow light, the uniquely colored Venomoth he called Opal materialized. She felt conflicted about all this, but deep down and above all else, she felt grateful. Grateful that he saw through her worries, and most of all grateful that he was willing to let her go on her own path, three years after they first met and after all that they had been through.

- If you stay too long you'll make me change my mind, dear...

He was fighting back tears. Levin first adopted Opal as a small, unwanted Venonat, and their road toward her recovery had been a long, tumultuous one. He was the bug go from an insecure, self-conscious, quite frankly miserable creature to a splendorous Pokemon unlike any other the world had ever seen - all while retaining her compassionate, caring nature. She helped him countless times in his adventures, but when his road toward the Pokemon League became his sole focus, Opal found herself being relied on progressively less. In such a battle-oriented team, she lost her space, and soon realized her skills weren't what Levin needed anymore. With that, she became progressively less used, until Levin realized she wanted more - as devoted as she was, a winged creature like herself was genetically programmed to seek freedom, to explore and meet the world, and while Levin's journey first started out that way, he could no longer provide Opal with what her heart silently yearned for the most.

- Jake is still an up-and-coming Trainer with plenty to see and do. His story is still being written, and I'd love for you to help him out as lovingly as you helped me. He'll take you to places you've never seen and live adventures I never could. All I ask in return for letting you go with him... is that you never forget me or the guys.

Opal landed on his head affectionately one final time, letting him know she'd always remember him, and then flapped her rainbow wings slowly, flying towards Jake and the start of the next chapter in her own story.

---

Trading my Poliwag and recolored Venomoth with the stats below to EpicSquirtle for 2 Rare Candies.

Blues
Spoiler: show
Level: 2
Ability: Water Absorb
Holding: N/A
Birthday: January 4
Nature: Bold
Pokéball:
Obtained: Trade with DaveTheFishGuy

Level-Up Moves:
Water Sport

Egg Moves: