View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #182
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
Amaranth City ~ Please reply in HotPink

Ex-Admiral Insane: As you wander the many crowded streets of the seemingly phantom city you have discovered on your latest adventure, you see a whole array of different characters. From entertainers to tourists, shop keepers to law makers, it seems like everyone is out and about and hurrying here, there and everywhere. Your Pokémon are all eager to explore their new surroundings and express their interest in their own ways. Doom's curiosity is peaked by the unfamiliar locale and he saunters off alone to see the city for himself whilst keeping a safe distance between you and his team mates. Completely enamored with the street vendors and their tantalizingly sweet treats, Floss attempts some five finger discounts and almost earns you all a few new enemies in the process. As your Absol and Swirlix explore at their leisure, Hood is left to totter along beside you and combat the lack of balance caused by having such a bulbous head. This doesn't appear to hinder him all too much, though, that's life for a Bellsprout.

Getting a feel for the city wasn't going to be the easiest of tasks. The further the four of you walk, the more identical the surroundings seem to become. As it is with big cities, bearings are easily lost and directions aren't always that easy to find. To the passersby, you and your Pokémon are merely obstacles in the daily rat race. You could try stopping somebody, but you probably wouldn't have much luck. Everyone in the city is perpetually late, apparently.

That's when you spot it. Just up ahead, the identical streets come to an end and the next few blocks are taken up by an expansive park and gardens. Alongside the park is a modest hut. Clearly a good starting point with it's Unown I shaped sign swaying gently to and fro in the warm city breeze. A tourist information center will know without a doubt how the city it is located in the heart of came to be. Upon reaching the hut, you notice a number of different advertisements in the window and several people milling about inside. As you go to survey the posted ads, a cold hand grabs your shoulder.

"Hey you. No loitering."

The voice is gruff and intimidating. Turning, you see that the person who is grabbing you is far from that. Standing no taller than your Vigoroth, the man beams up at you with a toothy grin. He is dressed in a smart suit with polished shoes and looks fit to be a page boy at such a height. Alongside him floats a Misdreavus, giggling to herself as you begin to realize that the man was far too small to have reached your shoulder, let alone given off such menacing vibes.

"Heh, sorry about that, I like to gauge a good sense of humor before an introduction. The name's Melvin, welcome to Amaranth City. You after some information or just goggle eyeing my staff?" As the man speaks, he is unable to suppress the laughter at his own joke, "Oh i'm sorry, I'm just being rude now. This is my little baby, set her up myself when the place was young. Can I help you with anything? Anything at all?" With his bubbly personality not slipping a dash, the man pats the hut rhythmically as he introduces 'her'.

As the two of you are talking, another person arrives at the information hut and eyes up the advertisements you have yet to fully peruse. You soon realize the person's presence as they are quick to make themselves known, already beginning to talk without a concern for the fact that you are already in a conversation.

"Hey Mel, I'm just on my way to the battle tourney in the park. Got any more about the missing kids?" The interrupting party is a woman in her late teens, slender and well-dressed in a fitted white jumpsuit, large round shades covering her eyes and a tilted sunhat upon her head. The girl is quick to tap on the window in the vicinity of the posting in question when Bill doesn't respond in a heartbeat. It was your typical missing persons ad but what was below the words was utterly shocking. There were scores of smiling faces, each one having gone missing and each one still yet to be found.

"Yes, yes I have. Let me deal with this gentleman first, Keeley." The man bats at the girl with his hand, his focus remaining upon you entirely.

With a myriad of absent youths and word of a battle tournament being held nearby, you have a choice to make. Continue towards your original destination with a better knowledge of the city and its place in the world or stay for a while and immerse yourself in what the metropolis has to offer plucky trainers, be that mysteries or the chance to have a tussle with the locals and other like minded tourists in a competition.

"So, what was it that you wanted to ask?" As Melvin grins up at you once more, you notice a glimmering pink stone in place of one of his back teeth as it catches a glint of sunlight.

What will you do?

Thanks again for updating me PP. If you have any hints or tips on what may be better, I'd gladly hear them.

“Over there.” Lucas glanced up at the giant ‘I’ that crested the building. A mysterious eye in the centre of it that gave it the faint idea of it being a Pokémon. The small hut stood on the side of a park. Upon looking closer, he could notice various advertisements glued to the window. Hood and Floss ran up with their trainer, the former nodding his head with every step. Doom trotted behind the group as he sniffed the ground curiously, as if on the scent of something interesting.
A sudden cold shock crept across the trainer’s spine as a hand reached for his shoulder.
“Hey you. No loitering.”
The voice sounded intimidating. The group turned around to face the voice. A somewhat small man stood before them. He had a well-groomed suit and polished shoes on him. The man grinned at them while the Misdreavus next to him chuckled. It was the Misdreavus who had grabbed his shoulder, Lucas realised.
"Heh, sorry about that, I like to gauge a good sense of humour before an introduction. The name's Melvin, welcome to Amaranth City. You after some information or just goggle eyeing my staff?" The man burst in laughter as if he were making a joke.
Doom merely waddled on closer, sniffing the man’s shoes. Floss, on the other hand, was more interested in the Misdreavus. She took one look at the Pokémon and licked her cotton-soaked lips.
"Oh I'm sorry, I'm just being rude now. This is my little baby, set her up myself when the place was young. Can I help you with anything? Anything at all?"
His mind went elsewhere as he tried to comprehend the man before him. What was he for again?
“Well actually. I’d like to know where I am.”
Before he could speak though, a soft voice came up from behind him to meet the shadow that had crept up on them.
"Hey Mel, I'm just on my way to the battle tourney in the park. Got any more about the missing kids?" She was a young, slender woman in her late teens. She was dressed in a white jumpsuit, sunhat and round shades that hid her intentions.
The young woman tapped the advertisement to indicate what she meant. It was a simple missing person poster. No less ordinary then the rest safe for the vast majority of faces that lay below the print. All of them smiling and all of them apparently missing.
"Yes, yes I have. Let me deal with this gentleman first, Keeley." He focuses on Lucas for an answer who was exchanging glances between the man, the young woman and the myriad of faces on the advertisements. Had something gone wrong? How could so many people have gone missing. There was definitely something odd about it all.
Lucas made his decision. “Well actually. I was wondering about Battle Tourney.” All other matters of this mysterious city and the missing persons had taken a sudden back seat of Lucas’ mind as he set himself on the prospect of a tournament. His face lit up and he crept closer to the man, a face of wonder. He almost took the man by the hand and drooled as he asked about it. “Can I join the Battle Tourney? What are the rules? Is there a prize? Is it food? Is it a rare Pokémon? Where is it?” He bombarded the man with his questions while his Pokémon kept to their own agenda of sniffing his shoes, bobbling their head or licking their lips.

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote