View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #21
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

In the first system, will we be more stringent on "weakened" usages of moves? Because you see "has used one Ice Beam, and has enough off type for a weakened Ice Beam" all over the place, which is fine in the system as is because a big point of the normal nerf is that normals can only use one Ice Beam while others get to use two.

I like the idea of the second system, but I'm unsure of how well it'd be in practice. Certainly makes switching even more reliable of a tactic. For starters, what we think the rough parameters ought to be would be nice.

Also, gonna take the opposite stance of EG here on normal nerf and say (tentatively, not gonna pretend that I've gone through them all), that rather than only making some normals nerfed, to make nerf the default for them (and certainly a few others) and then find normals who really don't need the nerf (NOT Delcatty) and lift it from them specifically. 'cause here's the thing. Granbull? Mediocre when he was pure normal, but still viable, similar to Delcatty. Normal nerf lifted, Granbull viability skyrockets. Yes, Fairy typing helps that as well, but regardless, that nerf lifting on mediocre pokemon will help them... but it's better if we lift it for the unusables, not those who are merely outclassed.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote