View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

The second option sounds altogether more fun to battle under. Sounds a liiiiittle challenging to ref, but I'm sure adapting wouldn't be too hard. The mechanic isn't unheard of in the gaming scene- In fact, it's basically somewhere between a MP-style resource and a Limit Break-style resource, so it should be easy to factor in, even with hard math.

The one concern I have (under either solution) is: What about pokemon which get a lot of moves of a type, but don't have familiarity or anything of the like? Kangaskhan with Fighting? Electabuzz with Fighting? Gligar with Bug? Or would those fall under fauxmiliarity?

EDIT: Also, I'll admit that I'm a bit of a fan of how iirc Kairne does it- Pokemon with less off-types will have more energy(/faster regen) of the types they do have access to, while Pokemon with more off-types will have less(/slower regen) of each type. I think this would serve as a valid way to put the subjective issue of 'movepool behemoths' to rest once and for all.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote