View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #24
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Season 4 is going to be a big one for introducing Dorne, as we have one of the series biggest badassess (and best characters) coming to Kings Landing.

ASOS/S4 Spoiler
Spoiler: show
When the two men were ten yards apart, the Red Viper stopped and called out, "Have they told you who I am?"
Spoiler: show
Oh, he and Ellaria are certainly welcome additions to KL. The Lannisters have something awful coming. ;)

Regarding Oberyn, I so hope that they make his character too outwardly flamboyant and "heyez, everybody, I'm bisexual!1!1!". When I talked to my LGBTQ friends who are fans of the ASOIAF, they mentioned that bisexual/queer characters are rarely portrayed authentically in television, whereby their sexuality is not the main thing that defines them. That makes bisexuality tokenistic, if that makes sense.

Of course, by the same token, an acknowledgement of the fact that he's not heteronormative would also help. Portray him as he is in the books: an absolute, mofo badass who is lecherous and doesn't limit himself to only one type of bed warmer.

Tyene and Nymeria are also going to be awesome. And of course, Arianne Martell, that conniving girl. <3
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote