View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

The Egg

All was quiet in the dense forests of Astoria. It was a calm day indeed. Nothing was going on, merely the local wild Pokémon going about their usual business... and then, out of nowhere, there was a dazzling blast of light, causing a flock of Tranquill to take off in terror, flying away in every direction. Then, as the light faded away, its source became visible- a small, green creature, floating in midair with the aid of two small, transparent wings. Its head was shaped remarkably like an onion, and it glanced nervously in every direction with wide eyes. Its body was covered with a number of relatively mild scrapes, bruises, and cuts. Clutched tightly within its arms was a vivid and bright green Egg.

At first, the Celebi saw no one around, but then there came a bipedal creature, pink and cream in coloration, a look of concern on her face. "Oh, my," the Audino whispered. "Are you... are you the one they call Celebi?"

Celebi looked around once more, apparently wary, before nodding in response to the Normal-type's question. "I am," it replied as it floated down to the Audino. "I... I've traveled here from the future, because... well, I shan't go into detail, but suffice it to say that things turn very ugly about 2,000 years down the road... The entire Fizzytopia region, torn apart by war... It can be prevented, of course, and I intend to see to it that the events I was unfortunate enough to bear witness to do not come to pass. In the meantime, however," it added, glancing at the Egg it was holding onto, "...I could not save the parents, I am afraid, but... I was at least able to spare the Egg."

"Wow..." the Audino replied, examining the Egg. She then took hold of one of the odd string-like appendages trailing down from her ear, and touched it to the Egg, appearing to listen intently. After a few seconds, she nodded her satisfaction and stopped. "The baby seems healthy," reported Audino. "What of your injuries, though?" she added in obvious concern for the legendary Pokémon's well-being, as she examined Celebi's wounds.

"Your concern is appreciated, but unnecessary," smiled Celebi. "I will heal, that is not a problem. The pressing issue right now is the Egg. I was sent into the war-torn future with the specific purpose to retrieve it."

"Sent...?" began Audino.

"You see," Celebi explained, "My time traveling abilities are great fun, there's no doubt about it... but they come with responsibilities. The Original One did not grant me these powers for laughs- It sends me on missions through time."

"The Original One?" repeated Audino in wonder. "Do you mean Ar-"

"Please," interrupted Celebi, "Forgive me, but the name is not something to be spoken casually... I know what you were going to say, and you are correct. It has sent me to retrieve the Egg... it is rare It has me do that sort of thing. Sure enough, It informed me that the Egg It wanted me to retrieve was a special one."

"Special how?" Audino asked, her head tilted in curiosity.

In response, Celebi glanced warily around again before leaning in close to Audino and whispering, "This Egg will hatch into the first female descendant of the great hero Rhyperior." Audino gave an audible gasp at this news, and Celebi nodded. "I take it I need not explain the legend to you, then?" it added with a smile.

"I know it by heart," replied the Audino. "A gang of unscrupulous Pokémon tried to strip Ar- sorry, the Original One- of Its power and use it for their own nefarious ends, after which they planned to kill It. But they were thwarted by a brave, heroic Rhyperior, who drove them away and saved Ar- the Original One, sorry. It was extremely grateful to the Rhyperior, and as his reward, It decreed that the Rhyperior's first female descendant would possess his own purity of heart tenfold."

Celebi nodded. "Yes. The Pokémon in this Egg, if raised with loving care, will be one of the nicest, sweetest, most loving Pokémon in the world. She will be naturally drawn towards those who are most in need of a friend, and will always be there to comfort those she cares about- that is to say, more or less everyone she meets. And given how violent, how war-ridden, how unbearable the world has become in this Egg's originally intended time, the Original One insisted I bring it to a more peaceful time before I begin to take the other steps necessary to change that future for the better. There would be no hope of her getting the loving care she needs and deserves in such bleak times."

"Makes sense," nodded Audino. "Things have been very peaceful around here lately, I think you made a good call to bring the Egg here."

"I agree," said Celebi. "It wishes, however, for the Egg to be put into the care of a Pokémon Trainer-"

"I know just the place!" Audino interrupted, before realizing that she had interrupted. "Oh, oh, sorry," she added, sounding a bit embarrassed.

"It's not a problem," Celebi said reassuringly. "Just tell me where I should bring the Egg."

"The humans, they have this large building, I think it's called the Egg House," Audino explained. "Pokémon Eggs are collected by humans and brought there, where they're then distributed to Trainers. That would be your best bet."

"Thank you," replied Celebi, smiling. "Do you know where the Egg House is?"

"I do," nodded Audino. "Follow me."

With that, Audino dashed through the forest, leading Celebi down a winding, twisting trail. After roughly an hour, they found themselves facing the back of a large building. Parked nearby was a large truck, and several men were carefully unloading Pokémon Eggs of various colors from within, bringing them into the building. Audino turned to look at Celebi, only to see that the Egg was gone! "Wha-" she started.

Celebi gave a small giggle. "Don't worry," it replied. "The Egg's in the truck. I froze time before I placed it in there so they wouldn't see me, you know?"

"Ohh, OK," sighed Audino in relief. "You can freeze time, though? I never knew that."

"Oh, yes, it can be great fun, too," Celebi smiled. "Perhaps we could talk a little before I need to get going again? I've got time to spare, after all."

As Audino and Celebi ventured back into the forest, the special Egg was unloaded into the Egg House, where the experts classified it as a Poison Nature Egg. The next day, January 17th, 2011, a 20-year-old Pokémon Trainer entered the Egg House and requested that exact kind of Egg. He left the Egg House, not knowing just how special the Pokémon within was.

~~~ONE WEEK LATER~~~

"Ohh, cool, it's a Bulbasaur!" Keith exclaimed as he saw a tiny green-blue creature emerge from the Poison Nature Egg.

"Saaaur," smiled the baby Bulbasaur as she looked up at her new trainer adoringly. She then gave a cute yawn, curled up, and fell asleep right there on the counter. Keith pointed his Pokédex at his newest Pokémon.

"Bulbasaur, the Seed Pokémon," it droned. "Bulbasaur has a seed planted on its back. The plant sprouts and grows along with the Pokémon."

"Oh, she's a keeper, for sure," Keith murmured. He took out a Poké Ball, but after a moment, decided to instead carry his new Bulbasaur in his arms.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-26-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote