View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #60
Meetan
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: You cover your ears to try and shield them from the insult of the loud crying. Torchic doesn't enjoy the same luxury as you do; unable to shield his little chick earholes, he can only wince in pain as the Chingling sobs and sobs. Its cries are fascinating, like a newborn baby mixed with the beautiful ringing of a small brass bell. Ching-a-ling-a-ling! Ching-a-ling-a-ling! You try to identify what is making the little one cry but you don't see anything. So you turn to Torchic. "Find out what it's crying for!"

Torchic attempts to talk to the little bell. At first Chingling is inconsolable, bawling ceaselessly, but as Torchic continues to flutter his tiny wings about and try to communicate, the Chingling quiets down for a few seconds. Sniffing back tears, it says a few short words to Torchic. Your fiery friend seems to understand. He turns to face you and starts to try to convey to you what has happened. He points from Chingling to the sky above you, then back to Chingling, then towards one of the walls, then the sky again, then Chingling again ...

What do you make of his pantomime? What could possibly be going on here?

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)
Alice was relieved when Chingling stopped crying, letting her aching arms flop down. She apologised to Torchic for practically shouting at him, and not defending his poor hearing first, before looking to the baby psychic. "Did you fall down from somewhere? The sky, or off the wall?" She asked. The girl stood, about to go and examine the wall, but then stopped and crouched down, opening her arms.

"I've got a better idea, little one. I'm not the best at Pokemon speak, to be honest. I'm a bit blonde." She explained with a small laugh, hoping that her friendliness and silly humour might cheer him up a bit. "How about you and Torchic try to show me what happened? Lead me in the right direction. I'm Alice, by the way. It's very nice to meet you." She offered a hand for it to maybe sniff, or shake with one of its red and white whips, or however it decided to return the gesture - if it even wanted to. "Please don't cry anymore, okay?"

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote