Type - Normal
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Run Away
Beauty Points - 0
IQ - 1
Contest Stats - 10/10/10/10/10
Ball - Pokéball
Held Item - Silk Scarf
Level-up Moves - Scratch, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Baton Pass, Tickle, Fury Swipes, Swift, Screech, Agility, Double Hit, Fling, Nasty Plot, Last Resort
TM/HM Moves - Sunny Day, Rain Dance, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Taunt, Thief
Egg Moves - Covet, Doubleslap, Fake Out, Slam, Revenge, Pursuit
Move Tutor Moves - Defense Curl, Metronome, Mimic, Sleep Talk, Fire Punch, Seed Bomb, Mud-Slap, Fury Cutter, Snatch
Event Moves -
From Valentine's Day Event 2012 - Charm, Icy Wind
From Easter Event 2012 - Softboiled, Crossfire
Current Location - With Connor
Bio - Gaspard is Connor's starter Pokémon and his closest companion. The two are rarely seen apart. Connor and Gaspard had first met outside Canalave City near a Honey tree where Gaspard took Connor's camera. He and Sylvester gets along very well.

"A volcano that was once active, causing destruction around it..." Connor said to himself as he walked towards the field, "Hot geysers that spew out hot water, scalding those who were unlucky to be doused by it..." the photographer grinned towards the referee, "Stacey, you sure picked a good place for us to battle! The location looks good for some action shots! Oh, and thanks for the directions to this place! I guess you know me too well now that you had to give 'em to me beforehand. I'm THAT hopeless, am I? ehehe..." Connor wiped the sweat on his forehead that was caused by the heat.

On the other side of the field, he saw his opponent, a trainer by the name of Cyrus, and waved at him, "Ah, hey there Cyrus! Let's make this a good match alright?!" he shouted at the other side of the battlefield. He then took out a pokeball and threw it up into the air, "The camera's ready, it's your time to shine, Gaspard!" Connor said as his trusted partner came out of the ball. Gaspard looked at his surroundings and then towards Connor. "That's right, you're going to be the one fighting today. Our foe's going to be tough, so I'm bringing out the big guns on this one," Connor winked as Gaspard got the message and shot Connor a toothy grin as the Aipom was ready to fight.

With Gaspard on his battle stance, and Connor with his camera ready, they were both ready to begin the match. "All right Gaspard, let's warm up this match by Taunting Celes! Then, I want you to approach her and Screech loudly towards her twice! Let's do this!" and with that, the photographer readied his camera for the match that's about to take place.

Placing x1 Potion (2/5) on standby as the first one was used here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
=Pokémon=
Species: Chikorita (F) Level 55
Name: Celes
Met: Starter
Type: Grass
Ability: (undeclared)
Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Cut, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Counter, Synthesis, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Grass Knot, Return, Secret Power, Natural Gift, Sweet Scent, Light Screen, Body Slam, Safeguard, Aromatherapy, Solarbeam, Vine Whip, Leaf Storm
Nature: (undeclared)
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Contest Stats: Smart: -- Cool: -- Beauty: -- Tough: -- Cute: --
IQ: --
Bio: When Cyrus needs a Pokémon he can trust to get the job done, Celes is his go-to girl. This spunky Chikorita has an energetic flare when it comes to Pokémon battles. Celes respects and admires Cyrus. She and her trainer are on the same page when it comes to ethical beliefs. Celes prefers to avoid inflicting harm on Pokémon, opting instead for diplomacy or gentler attacks. However, if the time calls for it, Celes will begrudgingly attack her opponents with full power. Celes cannot abide to see strong Pokémon bullying weaker Pokémon. She also has an instinctive fear of herbivorous Pokémon. Celes does not mind being inside her PokéBall, but she is naturally affectionate and thus enjoys being let out of her PokéBall to accompany Cyrus on his adventures.
Trophies: none currently
Current Location: Slot #1 on my active squad (current shop/zone: none)

=Heal Items=
One of my two Burn Heals (link) and one of my two Paralyze Heals (link).

=Attacks=
Cyrus felt the crunch of glass and charcoal under his feet as he ascended the mountain. He had never visited Mt. Aduro before but he had been summoned here by the league official for his next trainer battle. As he neared the top, the mountain slope leveled off and Cyrus saw before him a flat plain. Here or there were pockmarks in the soil, great holes. Geysers, he thought, as he watched some of them erupt, boiling hot water flowing against gravity in a towering ascent. He could feel the heat from here. He made a mental note to keep an eye on these during the match. They could prove useful ... to either trainer. In the distance stood the referee. After Cyrus and his opponent approached her and she explained the rules, Cyrus turned around and headed off towards his side of the battle field. This would most likely be a tough fight, he realized, but he was confident she could handle it. No, there was no one else Cyrus trusted more. Removing her PokéBall from his belt, Cyrus aims it in front of him and ...

"Celes, I choose you!"

... summons Celes, the Chikorita who has been Cyrus's dear friend and faithful companion on his travels, the one who has been with him the longest, the one he had most confidence in. The little Grass-type Pokémon affords a quick look over her shoulder -- "Chika!" -- to meet Cyrus's eyes with her own; then, she turns back around, facing forward, intensely looking in the direction of the other trainer and the Pokémon he has chosen for this battle.

Cyrus had never seen or fought this boy before so he didn't know what to expect. However, it would probably best to start things off with some good defensive preparations. "Celes! Lead off with your Safeguard attack to shield yourself from whatever he might try to sting us with first! Then set up a reflective barrier! Follow that with your Light Screen attack!" Cyrus believed that the best offense here in the opening round of the battle would be a good defense.
Both trainers listened intently to the rules, wanting to make sure they stayed safe and protected their Pokemon from danger on this violet battlefield. Connor appeared rather pleased at the active arena choice knowing that he would get some good shots out of it whilst Cyrus appeared nonplussed either way. Both trainers move off the arena and into their prepared trainer boxes set up on a slightly higher ground away from the geysers. Connor released his starter, an Aipom called Gaspard who looked pleased to be another battle. With a boost of confidence from his trainer Gaspard gives him a big grin and waits to see who he'll be facing. Cyrus releases his own starter, A Chikorita called Celes and she gives her trainer one look before determinedly looking ahead at the target. Once both Pokemon were ready the referee dropped the flag, the battle had begun.

Gaspard gets within talking distance to Cele and begins to Taunt her with all his best insults. He stops suddenly however when he notices the glowing green dome around her blocking out all noise and preventing his Taunt from working. Gaspard huffs in annoyance and prepares his next move Screeching at her, showing her how much her deflection of his attack irked him. She grimaced against the noise feeling her defences drop but manages to make her move against the pain assault on her ears. Her eyes glow as a pane of Reflective glass forms before her boosting her defence back up some what and muffling the noise a little.

Gaspard looks at his reflection in the shield and grins before letting loose another Screech the noise not as strong as the last but it's enough to reduce Cele's defenses slightly more. Cele shakes her head trying to rid herself of the ringing noise in her ears and expends more energy to boost her special defences this time. In front of her Reflect Shield she sets up another, a Light Screen this time glows yellows casting her with its glow.

Although her defences were reduced from the Screeches Gaspard would have to get through the two shields before he inflicted any damage to the Chikorita!

Health: 100%
Energy: 83%

Health: 100%
Energy: 76%

uhhhhh to post followed by Talon87