View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #61
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post

Palermo

You are a little unsettled by the homeless man, but, decide to try and make your way to the Marriott Hotel. Though you have never been good with following directions and being able to understand maps was pitiful at best, you are able to follow signs at least. You make it to the Marriott Hotel with no real surprises along the way. No Sharks, rabid animals, or UFO's to be seen. Gaspard squeaks in joy as he see the hotel, and give a sigh of relief. Now, you will finally be able to get some rest.

You walk into the Marriott Hotel lobby, and see the attendant behind the counter on the other side of the lobby. He was a man in his later forties, with one of those wispy mustaches that you might seen on a man with a place in society. A man in position. Because an important man without a mustache is hardly an important man at all. You walk up to him, and he greets you with a smile. You ask him if he could book you a room for tonight, as you are pretty tuckered out from exploring the city. "Well, I am sorry to say, but we are completely booked up for the night." You are pretty sure you heard your jaw smack the floor in shock. Booked? What horrible luck. You ask what people could be in Palermo with all the weird things happening. "You know, that is precisely what I said myself. A lot of the folks here came for that stuff, you know, the UFO's and aliens and all the rubbish. Personally, I don't believe it the works of aliens. I do, however, believe in the Sharks and the criminal deeds they are doing, and also in the weird abductions that have been occurring. I would love to get you a room, but sadly, every room here is booked."

The news hits you hard. But, what seems to affect you more is the fact that the attendant repeated the same story as the homeless guy, albeit without the UFOs and the aliens. You ask him if there are any other hotels in the town that you could stay at. "Well, that is the thing son. This is the only one in the modern town. There are others, but they are all in neighborhoods that the Sharks have control over. You can try and get a room there, but, let me warn you, you might not come out unharmed. I think that I might be able to let you sleep in the lobby. It would be much worse if I were to force you into the streets at night. If you decide to leave, I can write down some directions on how to get to the nearest hotel from here. It is quite a walk, but, it is not too bad for Shark hotels." You think for a little while on what to do. On one hand, you could try and get to a hotel in a Shark neighborhood. It would be better that sleeping in the lobby of the hotel. But, could you risk an encounter with the Sharks, or something even worse than that? Or....there is the homeless guy. You know, you have no idea why you though of that. Stupid.

You are confused again, but, more frightened than before. You can choose to stay in the hotel lobby and wait until morning. You could try your hand at a hotel in Shark neighborhood. But, there IS that homeless guy, although what he could do is beyond you.

What will you do?
It took Connor a long while navigating through the city, but he finally found the Marriott Hotel. "Wow, and it didn't even take us a whole week to find a hotel this time! What luck!" he said excitedly to Gaspard. The Aipom squeaked in joy as a reply to what Connor previously said and they both settled down as they entered the hotel. Inside they were greeted by a middle-aged man and they were greeted by him with a smile. "Excuse me sir," he said while adapting a formal tone, "Is there a room available tonight? We'd like to check in, if we may," the young photographer asked the attendant. "Well, I am sorry to say, but we are completely booked up for the night."

Connor and Gaspard's jaw dropped. Looks like they're not getting their rest just yet. "Wh-what? Man, and just when I thought I was getting lucky too..." he groaned. "Anyway mister, what could people want to do with Palermo? I've heard the strange rumors around here, wouldn't those rumors turn them off here? he asked the attendant. Connor thought that with all these weird stuff happening in Palermo, people would want to stay away from the place if they valued their own lives. "You know, that is precisely what I said myself. A lot of the folks here came for that stuff, you know, the UFO's and aliens and all the rubbish. Personally, I don't believe it the works of aliens. I do, however, believe in the Sharks and the criminal deeds they are doing, and also in the weird abductions that have been occurring. I would love to get you a room, but sadly, every room here is booked." Connor facepalmed. Of course, he completely forgot the adventurous kind of people. With rumors like these, they'd flock around just to see and even experience it. "Sigh... figures. Completely forgot about those people... but wait, those rumors too? Looks like that homeless guy I talked to back there wasn't making this up..." he said as he paused and think for a bit, "Well, is there any other hotels in town I could stay at?" Connor asked the attendant. "Well, that is the thing son. This is the only one in the modern town. There are others, but they are all in neighborhoods that the Sharks have control over." Connor groaned. Of course they are in the area where the Shark gang is. "You can try and get a room there, but, let me warn you, you might not come out unharmed. I think that I might be able to let you sleep in the lobby. It would be much worse if I were to force you into the streets at night. If you decide to leave, I can write down some directions on how to get to the nearest hotel from here. It is quite a walk, but, it is not too bad for Shark hotels." the attendant continued. Connor thought of his choices: will he take up on the attendant's offer and sleep on the lobby until morning? Or will he venture out into the Shark Zone, just to get to a hotel? There was also that homeless man from before... but he questioned himself as to why he was even contemplating that thought. "Well, what do we do Gaspard?" he asked his Aipom. The purple monkey just shrugged at him, not caring where they sleep. He just wants to sleep, that's all.

Connor wasn't going to take any chances. He wasn't really the type to complain as to where he slept since he has already slept outdoors on multiple occasions. This was no different, he could just use his sleeping bag after all. "I think I'll take you up on that offer to stay in the lobby. I have no idea how bad the situation is here, and I wouldn't want to risk my life finding out for myself. Plus, many people are staying in this hotel right? And they seem to be interested in what's going on in this city... Since they're most likely going to come back here in this lobby to check-in again, it'll be a perfect opportunity for me to gather intel about this situation and see if they know more about this," he said to attendant and to an extent it was true. He had come in to this city not too long ago, and just wandering around Palermo without any sort of info as to what was going on was just plain suicide, "Oh, if there's going to be a vacancy though in the morning, is it possible that you could reserve that room for me immediately? I'd appreciate it," he added as Connor prepared his sleeping bag as he waited for people to come back in the hotel. He had to know what was going on first as these rumors are too crazy.

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote