View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #49
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Let's give this a go. Hope you enjoy the adventure. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Alice Hope was a rookie trainer, she supposed, by timing. The girl was not entirely new to the ways of adventuring, after getting herself lost in Astoria, a haunted theme park with a mechanical Rapidash and taking on the Rainbow Road. However, how the eighteen year old got herself into these situations, she would never know.

The teenager looked out of place in her current environment, wearing a roundneck purple t-shirt dress, the strips across the torso matching the red wine coloured shade of the skirt section. Thankfully, she wore golden flats instead of the heels she favoured, which would likely get stuck in the mud and rubble, or cause her trip on the uneven ground.
Biting her lip, blue eyes looked beyond the rectangular lense rims of her glasses, and to what looked like a never-ending labyrinth. Above, despite it only being the mid afternoon moments ago, the sky shone gold, pink and orange in a permanent state of twilight. Her petite frame was shaking. This was not a dream, but how could one be visiting their Pokemon in the Fizzy Bubbles Daycare one minute, and be in an ancient, ruined maze the next?

“This is insane…” The blonde breathed, fidgeting nervously with her earlobe, pierced ones with a gold and amethyst accessory. She couldn’t cope adventuring alone at the best of times, and a glance to the four spheres on her red shoulder bag decided it. This was not to be conquered alone. Alice feared fire types, but perhaps a bird like Torchic would be of some good use.

“Come and help me, baby.” She cooed timidly, pressing the button on the red and white container. An orange and yellow chick beamed onto the ground a short distance away, beating his little wings. Alice’s shaking might have even increased a little, but they needed to bond. Beyond trips to the Beauty Salon, Pokespa and other such centres, they hadn’t even interacted since his adoption. “I’m completely lost. Please help me figure out what’s going on?”

((Stats.))
Your eyes and Torchic's connect for a few seconds before Torchic turns his body around and cocks his head this way and that, taking in his surroundings. You delicately close the distance between yourself and your baby fire bird while taking a second look around for yourself. The stone walls of what appears to be a labyrinth rise up approximately 4.5 meters on either side of you. They appear to be ancient, crumbling or windworn in a few places, but otherwise look remarkably sturdy. There are torchlights along the top of the walls, one every twenty meters or so, but none are lit at present: though the sky is a peculiar pool of gold and pink, you feel that it must be daylight here, wherever "here" is, and that nighttime is still some ways off. The ground beneath your feet varies between hard mud and stone, hardly a favorable surface for high heels. It's a good thing I wore my flats, you think to yourself as you and Torchic continue to press forward. Turning your head backward to look behind you, you see a solid wall approximately 20 meters away. You can't quite tell from this distance but it appears to be a T-junction leading off to the left and to the right of the narrow path you're currently on. Turning your gaze back forward, you see that you have just entered a large, open chamber.

Torchic hurriedly runs towards a monument in the center of the clearing. From here you can tell only that it is a large, smooth, rectangular stone slab about six feet off the ground with a short flight of stairs leading up to it on each of four sides. As Torchic runs up the stairs nearest you, a small gust of wind picks up a piece of parchment that had been placed atop the stone slab. It flutters down to the ground, landing beside Torchic who looks at it inquisitively.

There are large marble statues in each of the four corners of this clearing. They appear somewhat weather-worn but are otherwise well-preserved. Rising as high as the thick stone walls of the labyrinth, they all face towards the center of the clearing where the monument lies.

You look around the clearing to see if there are any Pokémon here with you. For now at least you don't see or hear any: it appears to be just you and Torchic.

What will you do?

Note: Since you've gone ahead and picked dark orange, I don't mind following your lead. But let's try to use Size 1 font to keep things small and Fizzy Bubbles-ey, okay? ^-^ Also, don't worry if you feel like the potential for your reply to this post is kinda small. (If you don't feel that way, okay! o.o ^_^) The real big stuff is coming in the next post, this is just the warm-up. I think you know what to do so let's get started! ;D

Last edited by Talon87; 07-13-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: removed signature
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote