View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #42
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yeah, this sounds like Vintage blue decks in MtG. With the right opening hand, the game is over on Turn 2.

Dunno why you'd even want to play such a game. Or how you're able to find others who would want to play with you. Is it really fun to you? Sounds pretty dreadful, to be quite honest. I wouldn't mind playing Deoxys in an old school block (and I'd still probably get my ass handed to me), but I don't think there's even any point in playing your deck if it's something that says, "Turn 1, you only have two cards in hand and it's only going to get worse from here." If I can't draw, I can't play. If I can't play, then fuck the game. At least in MtG, if a combo deck is going to shut down card draw, the victim at least has a good opportunity (3-4 turns minimum) to see it coming and maybe do something about it. This ... this just sounds like a waste of time.
Well, it goes in phases. Every few months, the meta pans out and there are more options, and decks are forced to adapt and become less broken... We're just in the middle of a phase where 2-3 decks are out of control, and no one in the community(believe me) enjoys these phases, even when we're running the broken decks. We all stick around because we know that in a couple months it'll be better again, and theres no point sitting out in the mean time when there's money to be made.

Most of the allure of the game is the community. I play the game daily with my close friends, and go to tournaments 1-3 times a week. It really gives me something to do, and it's a great way to socialize, honestly. Along with that, yugioh is a GREAT way to make money. It requires SIGNIFICANT investment(I recently shelled out over $600 on my new deck) but if you play the market right and win tournaments you can make A LOT of cash. I have several friends who are paying for college through yugioh.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote