View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
It'd need to be at 2 for me to be pleased. 1 is still pretty goddamn ridiculous.

"I CAST MONSTER REBO--"
"I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD! YOUR MAGIC CARD IS CANCELLED! "
""

There's almost no point in even fielding a One Of card in any TCG where the opponent can field 2+ cancellation cards. Never mind just how many trap cards there are which, in one way or another, would screw Monster Reborn over. "Cancel target magic card," "Magic cards can't be played this turn," "Monsters can't be summoned from the graveyard this turn," "Any time a monster with 2000 or greater ATK points is summoned directly to the field, send it to the graveyard," etc. I'm just making a lot of these technicalities up off the top of my head, but you know what I'm saying: there's little point in fielding one Monster Reborn card when your opponent'll probably have 5+ different cards in his deck that, one way or another, make it worthless. You'd want at least 2 of the card to have a snowball's chance in hell of getting it to work. Preferably two in hand.

What about Sangan and that Witch of the Black Forest or whatever her name was? (The Exodia Fetch Cards.) Are those illegal still? Last I heard they were either banned or restricted to One Of per deck.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote