UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   Fizzy Bubbles (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Carried Over Cortoza (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=8040)

myahoo 04-28-2017 05:32 PM

Carried Over Cortoza
 
Okay, so this thread's going to be for anyone I was previously updating at Cortoza, who wants to finish up their adventure. Currently, I've got confirmation from MM, EAI, GS, Tate, and kawaii, but if I've updated you at any point while I was updating Cortoza, I'm probably willing to finish up your adventure.

I don't care what font size or color you use, but please continue to quote your replies and try to hit a minimum of 200 words. A link to your member's post, either in the reply itself or in your signature, would be much appreciated.

Update will follow shortly.

myahoo 04-28-2017 05:35 PM

Cortoza Updates - Set Fifteen
 
Missingno. Master: Buoyed by your encouragement, Sunfire pushes on, stretching her strides as far as possible to eat up the distance to the village. You and Ieni end up inching past the other rider as you race up to First Place, each stride bringing the two of you slowly closer to the lead. The village is fast approaching and Sunfire barely manages to eke out a few more centimeters on Ieni when something odd happens.

Sunfire tenses, her head pulling back and pausing mid-step as you catch Ieni and his mount stumble out of the corner of your eye. There’s a brief moment when you can feel her preparing to bolt, her head reflexively turning to the right before she catches herself and aims straight for the village. Ieni’s Ponyta seems to have recovered quickly, you notice when you glance back to check on him, but Ieni is frowning now and looking back at the volcano. One of the other riders is fighting to get her Ponyta back on the trail, while the other has managed to bring his Ponyta to a quivering halt.

It doesn’t take long before you cross the makeshift finish line, but the end of this race isn’t as celebratory as the last. A few of the nearest teens congratulate the riders as they come in, but most of the others are talking in low voices and glancing at the volcano, in the direction their chief is, or towards the temple. You dismount, figuring you could ask someone what’s going on and that you’d need to get off Sunfire anyway, but the muscles on your inner thighs immediately protest the changed position. Ieni barks out a laugh as he swings off his own Ponyta, grinning at the face you probably pulled when you finally noticed those muscles.

He tells you not to worry. The soreness goes away after a while, but you’ll probably walk funny until then. He tilts his head back to look at the sky for a moment and then gestures for you to follow him, almost determinedly ignoring the whispering going on around you. C’mon, the feast should be starting soon, he says, and the guest of honor can’t be late.

What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)




~!~



kawaiiconcept: With your Pawniard and Ledyba alongside you, you make your way along the scenic walk, enjoying the noonday sun and the cool ocean breeze. Your Pokémon get into a momentary argument that gets resolved quickly and you leave it behind. On your right, the cliff falls away and leaves the ocean spread out beneath you, sparkling in the sunlight.

Not much happens for a while, the path winding this way and that, gently curving around the side of the volcano. Birds twitter and flutter overhead as you walk past several trees, leaving you with glimpses of Pidgey, Taillow, and Fletchling. Just as you’re passing the last of the trees, though, the sound of something stumbling becomes audible. Katrina immediately leaps to place herself between you and the source of the noise, while Little Miss hovers behind you.

Several long moments pass as the source of the noise approaches, occasionally pausing or making even more noise, before something reddish-gold stumbles out of the brush and halts, wavering on its feet. Beat up and bruised, the Pokémon is clearly a young shiny Vulpix, its tail only split into three instead of the usual six. The Vulpix blinks at you in surprise before stubbornly bracing itself and baring its teeth at you. An exhausted snarl follows and its eyes flicker up the path, the sun glinting off something metal at its throat.

What will you do?

(Declared: Pawniard, Ledyba)




~!~



134: You hike up the trail leading to Pele’s Shrine, chatting away at your Vullaby about your current thoughts. Pouli keeps nearby, but investigates each and every thing that catches her attention. The late morning sun shines brightly down upon the three of you, not yet hot enough to burn. The trail soon levels out, splitting into two paths. One leads further on and up, following the curve of the volcano, but the other turns inward before disappearing around a corner. The latter supposedly leads to the shrine, so that’s the one you take as Pouli bounds along beside you.

It doesn’t take long for you to reach the old shrine, the area opening up the moment you turn the corner. It looks like it might have been an old caldera that’s collapsed in on itself, centuries or millennia ago, but there’s no lake or pond like you might expect. Instead, the ground is packed earth and level. On one side, a set of stairs is carved into the side of the caldera, leading the way to a platform where a stone altar sits high above the ground. Unlit torches ring the platform and line the staircase, their tips charred as though they were only extinguished the night before.

You spend several minutes looking around before you notice that this area is oddly quiet. The typical wildlife noises that had been so prevalent on your hike up here are gone, though that could just as easily be because there isn’t really much here to support them as anything else.

Pouli pauses in her investigations, tilting her head and turning to stare at the altar. In your arms, Kauka turns to look at the altar as well, blinking and tilting her head curiously. A moment later, Pouli barks at you and runs towards the altar, circling back around to bark at you again when she notices that you haven’t moved. Kauka flaps her wings and complains at you, urging you to follow Pouli. Seems like something’s caught their attention and they want you to investigate.

Are you going to indulge their curiosity?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby)




~!~



Dark Searchman: You take advantage of the vandal’s distraction to peek around the corner and register a Houndoom and Magcargo in your Pokedex. Looks like that’s what you’ll be up against next, but Zatch doesn’t seem like the right one for the job. You swap him out for Vi and Rengar, the former of whom grimaces at the rain and then scolds you for being impolite. You immediately apologize to Solaris, who grudgingly accepts but continues to sulk under his overhang. Seems he really doesn’t like the rain and is planning to hide there until it stops.

In the meantime, at the mention of a battle, your two Pokémon look around the corner and simply step into view, leaving you to scramble after them. You immediately spot the Houndoom eyeing your trio warily as presumably the Magcargo tosses more earth out of a hole in the mountainside. A young man huddling in his trench coat turns to look at you with a scowl.

“Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us?” He blinks and then wipes irritably at his face. “What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and shit up here; we aren’t hurting anything.” He taps his foot a few times and then pulls out something from his pocket, stepping up to draw even with his Houndoom. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave? An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”

He waits expectantly for you to speak, clearly confident that you’ll cave and leave him alone to continue his Art. He certainly doesn’t look like he’s bluffing, but he could just have a decent poker face. If what he says is true, though, it sounds like he might be some rich kid and there could be…repercussions to kicking him out of his ‘canvas’.

What will you do?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)




~!~



Ex-Admiral Insane: Despite mentions of a disappearance piquing your interest, your sights are still set further up the volcano. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about the situation. You purposefully skirt around the small group, doing your best to look interested in the altar itself, but it’s not entirely necessary. Most of the people in the group are trying to reassure and calm the woman down, while the others look tired, a few even fighting off yawns.

“Ma’am. We’ve already searched the entire area. No one has seen a person matching your friend’s description recently.” The local sounds like he’s repeating himself for the fifth or tenth time.

“I heard you the first five times,” she snaps back, looking ready to tear her hair out. “And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” She gestures sharply at the altar. “He wouldn’t shut up about the stupid altar for the last three days and then I wake up to find him sneaking out of the room we’ve been renting for our trip. I followed him here, waited behind that curve, since this entire area’s flat, and when I turned the corner, he’d vanished. My Kirlia’s convinced he’s around here somewhere, so that means he’s around here somewhere. We just have to find him.”

A couple of the locals closer to you mutter between themselves as the woman relates her story.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

You don’t catch much more of their conversation as you begin climbing the steps, though the woman’s insistence that her friend has to be nearby follows you all the way up to the altar. As you take the last step, your vision wavers for a moment, day turning to night. A priest of some sort, with a feathered headdress and some kind of metallic necklace, gestures imperiously in your direction and you find your gaze drawn to the stone altar, glowing white in places under the moonlight. You blink and sunlight blazes down on you and the clean stone altar as the familiar sounds of your young Dragons reaches your ears.

You turn around and watch as Rags herds the three youngsters your way, your Pokémon accidentally plowing straight through the people at the base of the stairs. You see the woman finally notice you at the top of the stairs; she glances at the locals and narrows her eyes before following after your Pokémon. It doesn’t take long for everyone to arrive where you are and the platform is beginning to feel a little cramped. Clearly, this space wasn’t meant for this many individuals, which means it doesn’t take long for something else to happen.

The woman is just making her way towards you, looking intent on talking to you, when you spot one of your dragons tumble into another, roll into the back wall, and vanish.

What will you do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)




~!~



Monster Guy: Cortoza hadn’t exactly been this hot when you started your trek towards the Ignatius River earlier in the day, but it certainly was now. With the sun beating down on you and the much lower humidity, it was like standing in front of an open oven. Even taking off your tank top hadn’t helped all that much, though that may be because you’re actually walking somewhere. At least your Munna isn’t tired out, floating along as she was while you tire yourself out on the trail. It doesn’t take much longer before you spot the river, thankfully, and the two of you hurry down to the water, splashing some over yourselves in an effort to cool down. It works, the water taking most of the heat of your walk away, and, now that you’ve cooled down some, you take a moment to look around.

You clearly aren’t the only people to make this your destination. You spot a pair of photographers upstream taking pictures of the landscape, and a trio of teenagers on the opposite bank, eating sandwiches and skipping rocks. Downstream, there’s a family of four splashing around in the river and another trainer taking a nap on the bank with an Umbreon curled up next to them. The sound of bird calls above you attracts your attention and you spot a Skarmory circling above your heads, the sun glinting off its feathers. It wheels around and heads inland, flapping hard, and leaves you feeling a bit…uneasy.

Several minutes later, shouting from somewhere upstream has people turning to see what’s happening, several of whom decide to go investigate. The family rounds up their children and retreats to dry land, both parents looking upstream with worry, while the teenagers and the other trainer immediately make their way towards the shouting. The photographers shift their weight and exchange glances, before beginning to pack their stuff away.

You’re just trying to decide whether to go investigate yourself when something in the river catches your eye. Something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river and no one else seems to have spotted it. Or, at least, no one seems to have decided that it’s anything worth investigating, as one of the photographer’s brief glance at it seems to indicate. The yelling upstream has only gotten louder, which is briefly broken by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

What will you do?

(Declared: Munna)

Missingno. Master 04-28-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myahoo (Post 788889)
Missingno. Master: Buoyed by your encouragement, Sunfire pushes on, stretching her strides as far as possible to eat up the distance to the village. You and Ieni end up inching past the other rider as you race up to First Place, each stride bringing the two of you slowly closer to the lead. The village is fast approaching and Sunfire barely manages to eke out a few more centimeters on Ieni when something odd happens.

Sunfire tenses, her head pulling back and pausing mid-step as you catch Ieni and his mount stumble out of the corner of your eye. There’s a brief moment when you can feel her preparing to bolt, her head reflexively turning to the right before she catches herself and aims straight for the village. Ieni’s Ponyta seems to have recovered quickly, you notice when you glance back to check on him, but Ieni is frowning now and looking back at the volcano. One of the other riders is fighting to get her Ponyta back on the trail, while the other has managed to bring his Ponyta to a quivering halt.

It doesn’t take long before you cross the makeshift finish line, but the end of this race isn’t as celebratory as the last. A few of the nearest teens congratulate the riders as they come in, but most of the others are talking in low voices and glancing at the volcano, in the direction their chief is, or towards the temple. You dismount, figuring you could ask someone what’s going on and that you’d need to get off Sunfire anyway, but the muscles on your inner thighs immediately protest the changed position. Ieni barks out a laugh as he swings off his own Ponyta, grinning at the face you probably pulled when you finally noticed those muscles.

He tells you not to worry. The soreness goes away after a while, but you’ll probably walk funny until then. He tilts his head back to look at the sky for a moment and then gestures for you to follow him, almost determinedly ignoring the whispering going on around you. C’mon, the feast should be starting soon, he says, and the guest of honor can’t be late.

What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)

They were almost there! The finish line was within reach! And it was more within reach for Keith than for Ieni, for he'd just passed him! They were in first place... and then Sunfire tensed up. "What the-" Keith murmured as the Ponyta paused briefly. At the same time, he saw Ieni's Ponyta stumble out of the corner of his eye. For a moment, Sunfire seemed ready to bolt, glancing to the right, but she caught herself and instead took off towards the village again. Keith glanced back to see if Ieni was alright, and he was indeed, but now he was frowning and looking back at the volcano. Moreover, some of the other riders were having trouble with their Ponyta.

"Wat just happened?" Meowth asked Keith as they crossed the finish line.

"I have no idea," Keith shrugged. "But I got the feeling Sunfire was about ready to run for it for a moment there, and I feel like she's not the only one... Well, we'll just ask around, then- Ho, boy!" Keith exclaimed, for at that moment, his inner thighs seemed to take issue with his decision to dismount Sunfire.

Keith then heard Ieni laugh, before speaking up. "He says not ta worry- da soreness goes away after a while, though yer probably gonna walk pretty funny until den," Meowth translated, trying not to laugh in the process, having also seen Keith's face.

Keith, however, couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, I can live with that," he said. Ieni was then gesturing for him to follow. "I'm guessing-" Keith began.

"-dat da feast is gonna start soon? Yeah," Meowth nodded.

"Right," Keith nodded back. He first turned to the Ponyta he'd just dismounted. "Thanks, Sunfire," he said to the Fire-type with an appreciative smile. "You were great." As they made to follow Ieni, Keith spoke up again. "Meowth, ask Ieni what the heck happened back there," he said. "Something seemed to freak out every Ponyta just then, and judging by all the whispering going on, I'm guessing someone must have at least some idea what happened." Meowth nodded and conveyed Keith's question to Ieni.

kawaiiconcept 04-29-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myahoo (Post 788889)
[color=red][size=1][b]
kawaiiconcept: With your Pawniard and Ledyba alongside you, you make your way along the scenic walk, enjoying the noonday sun and the cool ocean breeze. Your Pokémon get into a momentary argument that gets resolved quickly and you leave it behind. On your right, the cliff falls away and leaves the ocean spread out beneath you, sparkling in the sunlight.

Not much happens for a while, the path winding this way and that, gently curving around the side of the volcano. Birds twitter and flutter overhead as you walk past several trees, leaving you with glimpses of Pidgey, Taillow, and Fletchling. Just as you’re passing the last of the trees, though, the sound of something stumbling becomes audible. Katrina immediately leaps to place herself between you and the source of the noise, while Little Miss hovers behind you.

Several long moments pass as the source of the noise approaches, occasionally pausing or making even more noise, before something reddish-gold stumbles out of the brush and halts, wavering on its feet. Beat up and bruised, the Pokémon is clearly a young shiny Vulpix, its tail only split into three instead of the usual six. The Vulpix blinks at you in surprise before stubbornly bracing itself and baring its teeth at you. An exhausted snarl follows and its eyes flicker up the path, the sun glinting off something metal at its throat.

What will you do?
(Declared: Pawniard, Ledyba)


Kawaii almost squealed aloud, she loved vulpix, this one seemed younger than any she had seen. That didn't bother her much. The pink-haired trainer scowled at her Pawniard "Katrina no! Can't you see the poor thing is scared." the female scolded, pushing the steel type on the shoulder. Katrina looked wary but backed off watching the fire-type just in case.
Kawaii nodded at her pokemon and knelt down holding out her hand to show the fox pokemon she ment well.
"Easy there, I won't hurt you. Are you lost or hurt?" Kawaii murmured. She wasn't really expecting a response.
Little Miss peered over her trainer's shoulder and saw it was only a Vulpix. A Vulpix that looked scared and maybe even hurt. The Ledyba smiled at the idea of helping a wild pokemon. She flew over to hover by Katrina, in order to study the fire-type a bit better.

134 04-30-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myahoo (Post 788889)
134: You hike up the trail leading to Pele’s Shrine, chatting away at your Vullaby about your current thoughts. Pouli keeps nearby, but investigates each and every thing that catches her attention. The late morning sun shines brightly down upon the three of you, not yet hot enough to burn. The trail soon levels out, splitting into two paths. One leads further on and up, following the curve of the volcano, but the other turns inward before disappearing around a corner. The latter supposedly leads to the shrine, so that’s the one you take as Pouli bounds along beside you.

It doesn’t take long for you to reach the old shrine, the area opening up the moment you turn the corner. It looks like it might have been an old caldera that’s collapsed in on itself, centuries or millennia ago, but there’s no lake or pond like you might expect. Instead, the ground is packed earth and level. On one side, a set of stairs is carved into the side of the caldera, leading the way to a platform where a stone altar sits high above the ground. Unlit torches ring the platform and line the staircase, their tips charred as though they were only extinguished the night before.

You spend several minutes looking around before you notice that this area is oddly quiet. The typical wildlife noises that had been so prevalent on your hike up here are gone, though that could just as easily be because there isn’t really much here to support them as anything else.

Pouli pauses in her investigations, tilting her head and turning to stare at the altar. In your arms, Kauka turns to look at the altar as well, blinking and tilting her head curiously. A moment later, Pouli barks at you and runs towards the altar, circling back around to bark at you again when she notices that you haven’t moved. Kauka flaps her wings and complains at you, urging you to follow Pouli. Seems like something’s caught their attention and they want you to investigate.

Are you going to indulge their curiosity?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby)



It's too quiet here, Tate realizes. Sure, they're in a clearing, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't hear the distant calls of wildlife in the thickets which surround them. The hush, unnatural as it is, puts Tate on edge, which is perhaps why when Pouli blted for the altar, the trainer felt a chill.

Slowly climbing the stairs after the Houndour, Tate took notice of the burned torches, which appeared freshly extinguished. Had someone been here recently? The chill grew worse. Kauka fidgeted, but Tate Ignored the Vullaby. Reaching the landing, the naturalist watched Pouli circle the altar, sniffing fervently, and for some reason the sight was upsetting, especially when Kauka began grunting and hissing in complaint. Suddenly, instinctively no longer willing to alone in this place with only two young and untrained Pokémon, Tate reached down to the waistline of slightly sagging overalls and unclipped a Pokéball, tossing it lightly in the air. It opened in an explosion of white light, and before the ball had fallen back into her trainer's hand, Palaho had taken flight, impressive wingspan casting a shadow over the shrine. Kauka momentarily forgot about the altar at the sight of her dear sister, flapping her wings excitedly in greeting to the Mandibuzz. A moment later, however, she was urging Tate forward again, both her and Pouli insistent. Tate sighed, but felt more in control with Palaho there, and slowly approached the altar at their behest.



Mon1010 05-02-2017 01:30 PM

Original Post

Quote:

Monster Guy: Cortoza hadn’t exactly been this hot when you started your trek towards the Ignatius River earlier in the day, but it certainly was now. With the sun beating down on you and the much lower humidity, it was like standing in front of an open oven. Even taking off your tank top hadn’t helped all that much, though that may be because you’re actually walking somewhere. At least your Munna isn’t tired out, floating along as she was while you tire yourself out on the trail. It doesn’t take much longer before you spot the river, thankfully, and the two of you hurry down to the water, splashing some over yourselves in an effort to cool down. It works, the water taking most of the heat of your walk away, and, now that you’ve cooled down some, you take a moment to look around.

You clearly aren’t the only people to make this your destination. You spot a pair of photographers upstream taking pictures of the landscape, and a trio of teenagers on the opposite bank, eating sandwiches and skipping rocks. Downstream, there’s a family of four splashing around in the river and another trainer taking a nap on the bank with an Umbreon curled up next to them. The sound of bird calls above you attracts your attention and you spot a Skarmory circling above your heads, the sun glinting off its feathers. It wheels around and heads inland, flapping hard, and leaves you feeling a bit…uneasy.

Several minutes later, shouting from somewhere upstream has people turning to see what’s happening, several of whom decide to go investigate. The family rounds up their children and retreats to dry land, both parents looking upstream with worry, while the teenagers and the other trainer immediately make their way towards the shouting. The photographers shift their weight and exchange glances, before beginning to pack their stuff away.

You’re just trying to decide whether to go investigate yourself when something in the river catches your eye. Something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river and no one else seems to have spotted it. Or, at least, no one seems to have decided that it’s anything worth investigating, as one of the photographer’s brief glance at it seems to indicate. The yelling upstream has only gotten louder, which is briefly broken by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

What will you do?

(Declared: Munna)

After taking a moment to cool down, Leo noticed that he wasn't the only one who chose to visit this river. There were photographsers snapping photos, there were a group of teenagers eating sandwiches and skipping rocks on the river, there was a family of four splashing around in the water, and finally, there was a trainer taking a nap by the river with his Umbreon. That certainly was an interesting place to take a nap for sure... But otherwise, it looked like any other scene by river that was a popular tourist destination.

"What did I tell you Shaana? Lots of people come out here!" Leo laughed out loud, when the sound of a bird squawking caught his attention. The young man looked up to see a Skarmory circling overhead, the sun glinting off its feathers, producing a glare. It spun around, and flew inland, flapping it's wings hard. This left Leo a bit nervous...

Several minutes later, a new noise got Leo's attention. This time, shouting from somewhere upstream. Several of the others gathered around the river got up to see what was going on. The family rounded up their kids and took off, while the teenagers, as well as the napping trainer made their way towards the shouting. The photographers looked like they were unsure of what to do, before packing up their stuff.

Leo immediately decided to join the investigation group, when his attention was caught yet again. This time, by something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river. None of the other people seemed to give it any mind, but Leo himself still wanted to know what it was. Meanwhile, the yelling upstream only got louder, then interupted by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

Leo rubbed his temples nervously. "Oh gosh, what to do, what to do..." It didn't take long for an answer to come to him. "That's it!" Leo took out Aaron's Pokeball, and let out the Horsea into the water. "Aaron, go check out what that thing floating down the river is. I'm gonna go check out what all this fuss is about!" Then, he ran off towards the source of the yelling.

(Declared: Munna, Horsea)

Gemini Spark 05-21-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myahoo (Post 788889)
Dark Searchman: You take advantage of the vandal’s distraction to peek around the corner and register a Houndoom and Magcargo in your Pokedex. Looks like that’s what you’ll be up against next, but Zatch doesn’t seem like the right one for the job. You swap him out for Vi and Rengar, the former of whom grimaces at the rain and then scolds you for being impolite. You immediately apologize to Solaris, who grudgingly accepts but continues to sulk under his overhang. Seems he really doesn’t like the rain and is planning to hide there until it stops.

In the meantime, at the mention of a battle, your two Pokémon look around the corner and simply step into view, leaving you to scramble after them. You immediately spot the Houndoom eyeing your trio warily as presumably the Magcargo tosses more earth out of a hole in the mountainside. A young man huddling in his trench coat turns to look at you with a scowl.

“Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us?” He blinks and then wipes irritably at his face. “What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and **** up here; we aren’t hurting anything.” He taps his foot a few times and then pulls out something from his pocket, stepping up to draw even with his Houndoom. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave? An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”

He waits expectantly for you to speak, clearly confident that you’ll cave and leave him alone to continue his Art. He certainly doesn’t look like he’s bluffing, but he could just have a decent poker face. If what he says is true, though, it sounds like he might be some rich kid and there could be…repercussions to kicking him out of his ‘canvas’.

What will you do?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)

As Hyrem, Rengar, and Vi make their entrance, the reaction from the vandal at least was predictable. “Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us? What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and **** up here; we aren’t hurting anything.”
"Well, someone thinks you're doing damage here, otherwise I wouldn't be messing with you in the first place!" Hyrem retorted. "Look at all the trees, all the holes, places where Pokemon could be living: you think those are just rocks, dirt, and trash?" He didn't answer that question; instead, he took something out of his pocket and walked up to his Houndoom's side. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave?" he asked with an air of privilege. "An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”
"Oh, the spoiled rich kid type, huh?" Hyrem taunted. "Didn't think that'd be the type to do stuff like this, but maybe you just think you can buy your way out of any problem and get away with anything? Well here's the twist: I'm getting paid zero for this! You're welcome to double that offer, but it's still going to be zero!" He thought for a moment and reached into his own pocket, feigning that he was going to pull something out of it.

"How about this: I pay you what I'm being 'paid'," he said before opening it out to reveal nothing, "and you just leave and never return so that the Pokemon here can live free from your 'art'?" If anything was going to push this guy's buttons and set him off, that would surely be a good way to go about it.

Ex-Admiral Insane 05-27-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myahoo (Post 788889)
Ex-Admiral Insane: Despite mentions of a disappearance piquing your interest, your sights are still set further up the volcano. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about the situation. You purposefully skirt around the small group, doing your best to look interested in the altar itself, but it’s not entirely necessary. Most of the people in the group are trying to reassure and calm the woman down, while the others look tired, a few even fighting off yawns.

“Ma’am. We’ve already searched the entire area. No one has seen a person matching your friend’s description recently.” The local sounds like he’s repeating himself for the fifth or tenth time.

“I heard you the first five times,” she snaps back, looking ready to tear her hair out. “And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” She gestures sharply at the altar. “He wouldn’t shut up about the stupid altar for the last three days and then I wake up to find him sneaking out of the room we’ve been renting for our trip. I followed him here, waited behind that curve, since this entire area’s flat, and when I turned the corner, he’d vanished. My Kirlia’s convinced he’s around here somewhere, so that means he’s around here somewhere. We just have to find him.”

A couple of the locals closer to you mutter between themselves as the woman relates her story.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

You don’t catch much more of their conversation as you begin climbing the steps, though the woman’s insistence that her friend has to be nearby follows you all the way up to the altar. As you take the last step, your vision wavers for a moment, day turning to night. A priest of some sort, with a feathered headdress and some kind of metallic necklace, gestures imperiously in your direction and you find your gaze drawn to the stone altar, glowing white in places under the moonlight. You blink and sunlight blazes down on you and the clean stone altar as the familiar sounds of your young Dragons reaches your ears.

You turn around and watch as Rags herds the three youngsters your way, your Pokémon accidentally plowing straight through the people at the base of the stairs. You see the woman finally notice you at the top of the stairs; she glances at the locals and narrows her eyes before following after your Pokémon. It doesn’t take long for everyone to arrive where you are and the platform is beginning to feel a little cramped. Clearly, this space wasn’t meant for this many individuals, which means it doesn’t take long for something else to happen.

The woman is just making her way towards you, looking intent on talking to you, when you spot one of your dragons tumble into another, roll into the back wall, and vanish.

What will you do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)

Lucas intently eavesdropped on the conversation as he passed the group of locals and the bickering woman.

“And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” The woman gestured towards the altar. Apparently her boyfriend of sorts had decided to sneak out at night to look at the altar, only to have vanished from existence. The words ‘cat’ and ‘curiosity’ entered Lucas’ mind though he wasn’t sure why. His ears focussed on what the remaining few locals whispered to one another as he made his first few steps on the stone stairs.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

’A moon’s curse?’ Lucas amused himself with the thought. While he was aware of Pokémon with strange powers such as the Ghost, Dark and Psychic types, Lucas in no way believed in mystical forces like magic and curses. He did his best to stymie a chuckle when he heard it. Cortoza was known for its tribes and their long-held beliefs in volcano gods and their wrath. It seems their belief system wasn’t fully washed away from the land with their last eruption. The locals still seemed to want to hold onto their religious superstitions.

Still, a disappearance out here at night was an interesting incident and one that warranted caution on how Lucas would proceed further. He wasn’t too interested in helping out though. ’Let them sort out their own problems,’ he thought. ’Although, I wonder if she’d be willing to pay for help…’

Lucas’ thought processes were momentarily stunned as his eyes adjusted to the dark night-sky that had veiled his surroundings, like a curtain had been drawn before his eyes. Lucas reeled back, shocked, and desperately sought his surroundings for an explanation. None was found at first, though a local appeared to have substituted the small crows from earlier. He was dressed like some kind of tribal priest, adorned with a feathered headdress and metallic necklace. “Who are you?” Lucas shouted out towards him, trying his best to drop the fright from his voice and replace it with frustration.

The priest merely indicated past him towards the stone altar up above the final steps. Spots of moonlight bounced off of it in a mesmerising pattern, and Lucas stared intently at the glowing white before the familiar sound of three bickering dragons reached his ears. The night sky’s curtain was lifted and the hot Cortoza sun showered down on him once more. Looking back, the priest he saw had disappeared, and instead he saw Hai and Sar being chased by Sal with Rags vigilantly sauntering behind them. The three little dragons paid little attention to the crowd they plummeted through, as Lucas’ previous subtle entrance was torn apart by their rambunctious appearance and all eyes looked towards them and Lucas. The girl in particular, the one who had lost her friend, squinted glances at the locals and back at Lucas before following the Pokémon up the stairs.

’Oh no,’ he really wasn’t interested in helping out. ’Can’t she do something herself?’ He had only a few seconds left to ponder the situation before all four of his Pokémon had joined his side, cramming themselves onto the stairs. Hai, the Gible, ducked behind Lucas leg while Sal, the Bagon, was chasing her; apparently a game of tag or so, or perhaps they had taunted the Bagon into giving chase. The woman was just about to close in on them, Lucas and Rags gave each other a confident stare of understanding, when Sal managed to twirl around her trainer’s legs and headbutt Hai. The land shark Pokémon tumbled back and her rotund, little body rolled towards the stone wall – where it vanished.

The remaining four of them stared, dumbfounded at what they just witnessed. Lucas didn’t have much time to think and called out after his Pokémon, apparently faulting her. “Oi! Hai come back here!” Lucas clearly wanted to test the theory and wondered if the wall was in fact a fake of some kind; an illusion?. Rags too, understanding his trainer’s thoughts, found it necessary to go after Hai in an effort to not lose sight of her. The two of them reached out for the wall to see if it was in fact only a mirage of some kind, and if so, pass through it directly. (If not… well then find a switch or a crevasse or a hole or something. In the most extreme of cases, Rags would just use Fighting-type attacks against the rock until it opened.)

Lucas called out to his other two dragons, Sar and Sal, loud enough that even the woman who was hurrying towards him could hear. “Stay close and follow us.”


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.