UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Young Justice (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=8034)

lilbluecorsola 04-26-2017 10:00 PM

Young Justice
 

"Young Justice is an American animated television series created by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti for Cartoon Network. The series follows the lives of teenaged superhero sidekicks, who are members of a fictional superhero team simply known as the 'Team', and their relationships with their Justice League mentors. The story is set at a time where superpowers and superheroes are a relatively recent phenomenon."
-adapted from the Young Justice Wiki

As UPN's newly self-appointed DC/superhero fangirl, I've decided to take the liberty of creating this thread in anticipation of the upcoming third season of a show that many thought had no hope of returning, but fans fought tooth and nail for after its cancellation in 2013. The new season, titled Young Justice: Outsiders, will premiere in 2018, in which "the team faces its greatest challenge yet as it takes on meta-human trafficking and the terrifying threat it creates for a society caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy". (source)

I watched both first two seasons last year, shortly before the announcement of S3 (which turned out to be rather convenient timing since now I don't have to wait so long like everyone else *shot*). It's a fun series with lots of exciting twists (although I knew a lot of them beforehand), so I'm quite curious to see what fresh content the creators will bring to the table, especially since I'll be going in blind this time. So I figured I'd open up the discussion floor by asking: What do you all want to see happen in Season 3?

Personally, I'd love for them to address

Spoiler: show
The story of the second Robin, Jason Todd and how he died. If he is resurrected in this continuity, I'd be eager to see how he interacts with Arsenal and if they form an alliance, given the similarities of their circumstances. Especially since there's precedent for it in the comics. (Given I've heard the same development team also worked on Under the Red Hood, I doubt these screencap comparisons are just a coincidence either.) Heck, maybe they'll even bring in Starfire and form the Outlaws?


I'd also like to see more of Tim Drake as Robin, since he didn't have much of a role in S2. *mumbles something about Dick stealing his haxing schtick* And Babs as Batgirl. Heck, maybe even bring back Steph as Spoiler, since she already had a brief cameo. And add Cassandra, since she's never even had an adaptation outside the comics, animated or otherwise, aside from an even briefer cameo in the JL cartoon. ;( ...Just give me all the Batkids. *shot*

...Except Dick, since I honestly really hate his version in YJ. Idk something about his voice really irked me even from watching clips before the show, but I truly found him insufferable early on. OTL I seriously want to smack him and tell him to shut up every time he does that annoying smart-aleck little laugh. >.>; Being a cocky/whiny brat might fly when he's off-setting the grimdark Batman, but when he's supposed to be working as part of a team of peers it becomes irritating. Really glad he wasn't chosen as leader right off the bat (pun not intended), though it still bugs me they had to insist he was "born" to lead the team. *sigh*[/rant]

On that note though, one thing I admire about the show is that it did seem to be trying to give exposure to lesser known superheroes, as it helped serve as an introduction to characters I wasn't familiar with before. (Ex: Artemis; watching her story arc unfold was quite interesting, as I had no idea what to expect.)

P.S. Conner is bae. <3 (Someone pls give Superboy a hug. ;; )

Loki 04-27-2017 02:32 AM

Spoiler: show
They've revealed that season 3 will have flash backs to the time between season 1 and 2 as well as post S2 stuff. I think they've stated many times that Wally will come back and the VA for Wally played Kid Flash in Judas Contract, so it's very likely he was signed back on for YJ.

While that's the simple thing, bringing back Wally can be complicated depending on the time passed between his disappearance and his return. Is Artemis dating someone new? Could it be someone on the team? If they decide to borrow some plot lines from other stories, there was a time when Tim Drake dated Wondergirl when Superboy (her ex) was dead and things got wonky when he came back to life. Then new 52 threw everything into the dumpster. *shrugs* They could always have Artemis and Dick hook up and then things get weird when Wally comes back.

More Static? Yes... please...

Obviously, everyone wants to see the continuation of The Light's alliance with Darkseid. The forces of Apokalips had very subtle influence in the prior seasons, so if it escalates, it would be pretty interesting.


http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Young-Justice-2011
In the comic of Young Justice Animated Series, Dick Grayson has apparently nailed every single girl in the series.

RealMrGame10 04-27-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola (Post 788713)
...Except Dick, since I honestly really hate his version in YJ. Idk something about his voice really irked me even from watching clips before the show, but I truly found him insufferable early on. OTL I seriously want to smack him and tell him to shut up every time he does that annoying smart-aleck little laugh. >.>; Being a cocky/whiny brat might fly when he's off-setting the grimdark Batman, but when he's supposed to be working as part of a team of peers it becomes irritating. Really glad he wasn't chosen as leader right off the bat (pun not intended), though it still bugs me they had to insist he was "born" to lead the team. *sigh*[/rant]

Got something against Jesse McCartney? lol

To be completely honest, I'd love to see a Cassandra if done right, she's always been one of my favorites.

lilbluecorsola 04-27-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki (Post 788720)
Spoiler: show
They've revealed that season 3 will have flash backs to the time between season 1 and 2 as well as post S2 stuff. I think they've stated many times that Wally will come back and the VA for Wally played Kid Flash in Judas Contract, so it's very likely he was signed back on for YJ.

While that's the simple thing, bringing back Wally can be complicated depending on the time passed between his disappearance and his return. Is Artemis dating someone new? Could it be someone on the team? If they decide to borrow some plot lines from other stories, there was a time when Tim Drake dated Wondergirl when Superboy (her ex) was dead and things got wonky when he came back to life. Then new 52 threw everything into the dumpster. *shrugs* They could always have Artemis and Dick hook up and then things get weird when Wally comes back.

More Static? Yes... please...

Obviously, everyone wants to see the continuation of The Light's alliance with Darkseid. The forces of Apokalips had very subtle influence in the prior seasons, so if it escalates, it would be pretty interesting.


http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Young-Justice-2011
In the comic of Young Justice Animated Series, Dick Grayson has apparently nailed every single girl in the series.

Spoiler: show
Well we all pretty much knew Wally was coming back, so no surprises there lol. (After all, no one in the superhero world stays dead for long. ;P)

You bring up an interesting/tragic scenario of Artemis moving on in the meantime though... I feel like it'd be equally sad if she did move on and if she didn't. ;(

I was surprised to see they threw in a last-minute TimxCassie hookup in the S2 finale, until I learned about the pairing in the comics as you said. (*cough* TimSteph and/or TimKon 4 lyf tho. *shot*)

Static was actually one of the few superhero shows I did watch growing up, so I was pleased to see him included and given a prominent role in S2.

It really does suck that the series originally ended on such a cliffhanger that looked like it was building up to an even bigger foe, so it'll certainly be interesting to see where it goes from there.


I should get around to reading the YJ tie-in comics sometime. Especially since I recently read this scene from it. (Seriously Bats is a better dad to Conner than Supes. >.< Clark be good to your son. ;; )

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealMrGame10 (Post 788731)
Got something against Jesse McCartney? lol

To be completely honest, I'd love to see a Cassandra if done right, she's always been one of my favorites.

Hey I like "Beautiful Soul" as much as the next gal, but his character just didn't whelm me. At all. (He did get better in S2 though.)

Superboy, on the other hand... *huggles her woobie angsty alien clone* <3 The main reason I watched the show was for him, and he did not disappoint. XP I know he's quite different from his comics counterpart, but I think it's a valid direction to take his character in. Living up to Superman's standards is a lot of pressure for a young "teenage" boy. ;(

As for Cass, while Steph has become my favorite bat-gal for a number of reasons, I'm really curious to know more about her too. More badass female superheroes pls. (Also she gets bonus points 'cuz she's Asian. *shot*)

Imagine if they added Damian though... As much as I've been slowly warming up to him, let's just keep him to his own film franchise, shall we? ^^;

lilbluecorsola 04-28-2017 10:26 PM

Having skimmed through the comics, I've come to the following conclusions:

1) Superboy is still Superbae. <3 (Seriously, that story of the G-gnome following him to the hideout simply bc it missed him was so sweet/sad. ;; Darn you Kon and your animal attraction. Would've honestly liked to see him keep the G-gnome around as a companion like Sphere and Wolf.)

2) Really want to see Steph join the team so she can bond with Artemis over their jerk dads and wanting to escape their criminal backgrounds. (Hey, they're even both blondes. ;O)

3) Dick is a dog. (And looks strikingly like Conner when he's older. Hm.)

Still hate his laugh btw. Even just seeing "Ha ha ha!" written out makes me cringe since I can immediately imagine it the way he sounds in the show. -.- At least he does mellow out when he's older, and as much remarks on how childish those days seemed following the timeskip.

Also wasn't aware Artemis's friend "Bette" is apparently a significant character; Wiki indicates she's related to Kathy Kane/Batwoman, and was actually the first "Batgirl" in the comics. Huh. The more you know. (I knew Wendy Harris and her brother Marvin were supporting members of the Teen Titans in the comics since she appeared in Steph's Batgirl run, so now I'm curious what other obscure cameos there might be.)

P.S. Happy National Superhero Day! (Bc apparently that's a thing.)

Loki 04-29-2017 01:47 AM

Yeah, I actually knew Bette Kane from a handful of Teen Titans from the 90s comics and the New 52 Batwoman. Her character is not particularly popular outside the comics.

Spoiler: show
I almost forgot, I kind of hope they do have an episode with Zatanna and Dr. Fate. Even if it's just a one of thing. Like Dr. Fate gives Zatara one day to be himself with Zatanna and they just do an episode of them doing father-daughter things, then maybe together stop some criminals. Then at the end of the episode, she starts to cry and he says he's proud of her and he's still watching her through Dr. Fate, then puts the helmet back on. Maybe that could be the day before they induct Zatanna into the Justice League, like Dr. Fate goes into a meeting afterwards and suggests that Zatanna is now ready to join. That would be a nice episode.

lilbluecorsola 04-29-2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki (Post 788920)
Spoiler: show
I almost forgot, I kind of hope they do have an episode with Zatanna and Dr. Fate. Even if it's just a one of thing. Like Dr. Fate gives Zatara one day to be himself with Zatanna and they just do an episode of them doing father-daughter things, then maybe together stop some criminals. Then at the end of the episode, she starts to cry and he says he's proud of her and he's still watching her through Dr. Fate, then puts the helmet back on. Maybe that could be the day before they induct Zatanna into the Justice League, like Dr. Fate goes into a meeting afterwards and suggests that Zatanna is now ready to join. That would be a nice episode.

Stop making me cry before the season itself airs omg ;;

Gimmee all the daddy/famry feels ahhhh *flails*

Loki 04-29-2017 02:36 AM

If it's a real episode, I'll probably also cry manly tears.

lilbluecorsola 07-21-2017 10:52 PM

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/...s1-720x465.jpg

>Static & Spoiler

f yeah

(not sure I like the lines on her mask though)

P.S. Pls let TimSteph be canon. *shot*)

Loki 07-23-2017 09:08 PM

Spoiler is cool. Arrowette is kind of obscure, but I guess fits a bit considering she mirrors Artemis a bit and not just the fact that she uses bow and arrow. Traci 13 is almost entirely unknown to me...

TheKnightsFury 07-23-2017 10:34 PM

I will admit I spent about 10 minutes trying to find out what the spoiler was, only to realise that Spoiler is essentially a Batgirl/Robin, needless to say I felt like a moron haha

lilbluecorsola 07-23-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki (Post 798805)
Spoiler is cool. Arrowette is kind of obscure, but I guess fits a bit considering she mirrors Artemis a bit and not just the fact that she uses bow and arrow. Traci 13 is almost entirely unknown to me...

I have no idea who Arrowette and Traci 13 are. I just hope Steph does get to bond with Artemis over their jerk criminal dads. ;(

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury (Post 798811)
I will admit I spent about 10 minutes trying to find out what the spoiler was, only to realise that Spoiler is essentially a Batgirl/Robin, needless to say I felt like a moron haha

Speaking of Batgirl, wonder where Babs is at. They did also reveal an image of some of the original members in stealth gear.

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/up...-Outsiders.jpg

M'gann is mysteriously missing too. Hm...

Sad they confirmed there's no Jason Todd/Red Hood in S3 though. (Although there are plans for S4 and S5.) I was really looking forward to a team-up between him and Arsenal...

lilbluecorsola 07-28-2017 04:59 PM

So apparently that's not actually Aqualad in the image above. Instead it's Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning.

The mystery thickens.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.