UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   PASBL (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Grand Melee VI: A Hot Mess (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=7982)

Sneaze 04-01-2017 11:00 AM

Grand Melee VI: A Hot Mess

Grand Melee VI: I Don't Get the Joke

Wow, would you look at that, it's GM time again already. Because there's a schedule. Always has been. Don't look at me like that. Anyway there's much to do and little time to do it in, so let's just get down to to it.

• Everyone will be able to sign up, but there will only be a maximum of 20 participants, and we will hand pick the participants as depending on their actual activity levels in ASB.
  • Room and weather attacks are now back in full force, with only a single stipulation. Each Pokemon will only get to use a single weather move, a single Room or Terrain attack, and a single use of Gravity, so make yours count! Gravit, Room, and Terrain moves will take up the square they are used in, with weakened effects in the surrounding squares.
  • Magic Room can be easily seen into and have attacks fired into and out of, with the room immediately tapering off into the regular terrain at its edge.
  • Wild Pokemon can be found once more, but they are very passive, used to the commotion of people enjoying the resort, and will only respond with aggression if openly attacked, though you may attempt to persuade them to help you in some way.
  • Getting the most damage on a Pokemon that ends up KO'd will cause your Pokemon to become refreshed, recovering a Major amount of energy. Landing the final blow on a Pokemon will restore Good energy in this manner if the trainer did not deal the most damage to the fainting Pokemon.
  • Additionally, to encourage other types of play, the player than lands the final blow on a Pokemon will additionally be rewarded half a KO if they were not the one to deal the most damage, with the trainer who did the most damage still recieving the full KO credit. At the end of the Melee, if a trainer has only a fraction of a KO in this manner, it will be rounded upwards (i.e. 1.5 -> 2) for consistency.

Grand Melee Info:
Rules
You may use your own Pokemon, however no badges/tokens or sigs will be allowed, though this time around Hidden Powers will be. You may also use a Rental Pokemon from the list below as long as it is from your Trainer Level or below.
It will be equilevel but not equi-evo. However, Rental Pokemon may be boosted to their evolutionary state as appropriate of your Trainer Level
I will be acting as the primary ref, with Snorby assisting in writing individual reffings and picking up the slack when need be. That said, I'll still be deciding the goings on for individual group battles, everything else will just essentially be a perspective rewrite.
A strict 24 hour DQ will be enforced, with more details below. Not sending attacks will have the Pokemon play passively and try to dodge. Missing 3 deadlines will have you disqualified.
It will be done in 6/9 to prevent backstabbing resulting in one round kills. People should have a chance to fight back against their aggressors unless weakened prior.

Info on Rental Pokemon
Spoiler: show

You may select among these Pokémon to use in the Grand Melee. TL1s may only use the TL1 Pokémon, TL2 may use TL1 and TL2, TL3 may use TL1 through TL3 and so on. They may also be considered to be at the evolutionary stage of your Trainer Level. Please Nickname them, give them a gender, and a Hidden Power.

Trainer Level 6

Aggron
Ludicolo
Drampa

Trainer Level 5

Altaria
Arcanine
Aerodactyl
Alolan Raichu

Trainer Level 4

Togekiss
Scizor
Ninetales
Weezing
Turtonator

Trainer Level 3

Zoroark
Klinklang
Meowstic
Mienshao
Ribombee
Salazzle

Trainer Level 2

Dratini
Flaaffy
Marill
Onix
Sudowoodo
Araquanid
Alolan Grimer

Trainer Level 1

Eevee
Whismur
Mime Jr.
Venipede
Jangmo'o
Alolan Geodude
Alolan Vulpix
Alolan Diglett

Basic Info
Trainers will see/hear whatever your Pokemon sees/hears via a super dooper indestructible headset. This will allow you to see/hear what it sees, as well as issue orders. The effects of these have been reduced in order to allow different types of gameplay. Trainers will be provided with information in their personal reffings indicating what their Pokemon knows to be directly around them.
The casters of the event will be casting from the middle of the arena. Their casters booth is a large room floating in the air. They will provide reffing coverage based on what they can see down below, as well as a few hidden cameras around the arena. This map will show the locations of all Pokemon at any given time unless they are purposefully attempting to remain hidden, in which case their dot will disappear for the duration of their hiding time. This is what everyone will see each round and will be referred to as the "general reffing". Each trainer will also receive a personalized reffing (with much less detail if there is not much happening) to say what they see and hear, etc.
Our "at the scene" correspondents this time around will be Aurelius the Alakazam and Ismene the Gardevoir. Both will simply observe and use defensive techniques to prevent being hit. Aurelius will be able to view all action up to two squares in front of him, and will typically stick to larger fights, while Ismene's camera is a bit weaker, only able to see a single square, so she will be following different Pokemon every now and again so everyone can see a bit of the little things people are doing.

Signing Up
Even though we will effectively have two refs this time around, we are limiting the maximum number of participants to 20, however any number of people may sign up in hopes to participate. We will have a brief discussion among ourselves once sign ups close to decide who will be the chosen participants.

Signups will close Saturday the 8th, and because streams are a GM tradition, I will do an RNG stream Saturday afternoon or evening which will give the ability to pick your starting square to three lucky participants. Chances of being drawn in this RNG will be dependant on the number of matches you have reffed with the last month, so please list how many matches you have made a reffing for within the month of March in your post, failure to do so will have us assume it is zero.

The Arena

Welcome to the Dormant Volcano!

http://i.imgur.com/RHBhWIG.jpg

Dormant. I promise. Really. Maybe. Or not. The volcano is pretty large though so that shouldn't be an issue, right? This may be the worst drawn GM map to date.

E5-F6: The Chamber - The primary chamber within this definitely dormant volcano is the dead center of the map. It's fairly hot in here but the floor seems sturdy enough thanks to having cooled over time. No telling what's below all that soft cooled magma. There's a button in the dead center of the chamber that is definitely safe to press, and won't result in well beyond extreme damage to anything at all. Doesn't always seem to work, though. The walls are also pretty steep leading up to the peak, making for a decent escape route for good climbers and flyers. Packs of Magmar and Magby, as well as Slugma and Magcargo, are known to frequent this area.

C3-I9: Volcano Hills - The volcano itself stretches from flat ground to a great peak incredibly quickly as one approaches the center of the map, and trekking up towards the peak is far from safe, thanks to the unstable ground and easily displaced rocks. A large, ever changing cave system stretches below the surface, connecting from various locations along the outside of the volcano to the inner chamber. The caves, dug by various mole Pokemon, feel more like ventilation than an actual living space. No idea why. Alolan Geodude, Graveler, and Golem can be found roaming the outer bits of the mountain, while Drilbur and Excadrill, as well as both standard and Alolan formes of Diglett and Dugtrio can be found roaming and digging in the caves.

B1-J3: River or Something - A decently wide river cuts the nothern section of the arena from the rest, going so far as to carve through the mountain itself. The river is neither overly fast nor deep, much of its original water source long gone, but at points where the mountain would be higher in elevation it can be a long drop down to where the water has managed to make its path. Marill and Azurill have made this water their home, and Pokemon of all sorts can be found on occasion coming to take a drink.

E10-J5: Tropical Trees - Otherwise known as a jungle. The wooded area of the map can be an excellent place to hide given the sheer amount of cover, but you also won't likely be spotting anyone coming for you through the bush. Rather moist, the jungle will resist burning from... most sources. Large bugs including Venipede and their evolutionary line are frequently seen here, as well as the odd Bonsly or Sudowoodo attempting to blend in with the trees.

Everywhere Else: Actually Fairly Safe Ground - The ground in the outskirts of the arena is soft and fertile from regularly refreshing the soil. No clue how that happens. Largely uninteresting, this area can usually be the home of the odd flock of wild Mareep and Flaaffy..

Additional Arena-wide Rules

Warm Temperatures - Due to the heat of the area, Pokemon used to cooler conditions may be fairly uncomfortable, and as such will use energy faster than the norm.

No Volcanic Activity Whatsoever - Two buttons within the arena are definitely not linked to volcanic activity at all. I swear. One is stationary but doesn't seem to function particularly well, while one has been hidden for quite some time, the locals not exactly comfortable with a button of such extreme unimportance getting into the wrong hands. If one of these buttons did happen to do something, it absolutely wouldn't cause large volumes of magma to erupt from the arena's center and spread before cooling after a couple rounds. That would be absurd.

Wild Pokemon - Wild Pokemon can be found in parts of the arena. Largely passive, they will only attack if directly provoked, but favors may be asked of them if you're able to convince them, be it shelter, assistance in escaping from an enemy, or even a gift. At least one species can be found at any given point of the arena so don't be surprised if you bump into a few guests.

Pranks - In proper Aprools spirit, small pranks can be found throughout the island that can be used on anyone unfortunate enough to become your target, or even yourself if you're into that sort of thing. Pranks are fairly minor and range from small stat drops, status, or temporarily removing moves from the victim's movepool. Note that pranks have a 50/50 chance of backfiring, though, resulting in the opposite effect. You may even find some wild Pokemon that are in the pranking spirit themselves!

The Schedule
Saturday the 8th - Deadline for Entries
Monday the 9th - Participants Posted and Livestream Lottery
Tuesday the 10th - Friday the 14th @ 6 PM Eastern - Lottery Winners Pick Spots, Pokemon must be PMed to myself and Snorby
Friday the 14th - Introductory reffing, locations given with surrounding detail, etc. All private reffings after this will be lacking in detail if there is nothing happening. Don't expect a huge essay about how you waited around to see if anyone walked by. This is a huge undertaking, cut me some slack.

Saturday the 15th and onwards - All attacks must be given to myself and Snorby by 6 PM Eastern. That will be the deadline every day. I will try my absolute best to have the reffing that night before I go to sleep. If something goes wrong and I get preoccupied, Snorby will do his best to pick up the slack, and beyond that one of us will post and say there's a delay and ref ASAP. That is the only time there isn't a deadline the next day. Otherwise, every 6 PM Eastern will be the deadline, regardless of when at night the round was reffed. If you cannot do this, then please do not sign up.

Due to the nature of this massive undertaking, I will not be able to re-ref anything. I'm sorry if this is going to screw someone over, as mistakes do happen but.. barring hp/energy mistakes or huuuuge errors, changing how a round was reffed will take as long as doing an entire round. It's not just a matter of editing my general round reffing, but I'd have to look up who was involved and send changed PMs to people. It wont be easy so I want to avoid it. If small mistakes were made then I apologize.

Please take any questions to the Grand Melee Time Out thread. For the time being this thread will just be for posting that you want to join and your the number of matches you reffed in March. That is it.

Have fun and good luck!

Emi 04-01-2017 11:05 AM

*drops a sack, containing 0 reffed matches*

Chalis 04-01-2017 11:05 AM

Joining like Connor and his special sheep, 1 match being reffed.

Zelphon 04-01-2017 11:11 AM

this is was a lot of effort for an April Fool's joke

Deebs 04-01-2017 11:13 AM

Hi. Sign me up daddy.

Crys 04-01-2017 11:13 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...fq8lo1_500.gif

0 matches reffed in march

Altocharizard55 04-01-2017 11:22 AM

-crashes in-

Yep. That's a 0.

Zelphon 04-01-2017 11:23 AM

In the off chance this isn't the most elaborate PASBL prank of all time, I too have done nothing and want in on this something, I do have a perfect GM attendance record to upkeep after all.

Lil'twick 04-01-2017 11:36 AM

Hi I would like to enter one Grand Melee please. 0 reffed mayches

phoopes 04-01-2017 11:45 AM

Guess who's back? Back again. phoopes is back. Tell a friend.

0 reffed matches lol

zerozoner 04-01-2017 12:54 PM

Would love another go at a Grand Melee sign me up. Just got back so 0 matches reffed

Heather 04-01-2017 02:07 PM

Obly a shitshow on this scale can interest me in ASB again. Signing up having done literally hack squat for the past fuck knows how long. Just deciding what rental I'm going to meme with cause Nathan's not worth it if he can't summon bees

Miror 04-01-2017 03:18 PM

Signing up with 0 matches, I feel bad given the only one I could've reffed was the E4 match :c

Connor 04-01-2017 03:35 PM

Go on then. I have a volcano to blow up.

Haven't refereed a match at all this month.

Mozz 04-01-2017 03:39 PM

haha i dont ref but fuck it ill sign up for gm fucktardry

Firewater 04-01-2017 04:30 PM

I'll sign up- who knows might get back into this thing lol.

(also def wanted ref test but nobody ever gave it to me)

Lady Kuno 04-01-2017 04:56 PM

0 reffed and sign me up =3=

Eliteknight 04-01-2017 05:06 PM

signing up have 13 matches under my reffing, although i think only 7-9 of which have needed reffing in march

KamenAeons 04-01-2017 05:12 PM

A big fat zero since March. Sign me up so I have something else to do once net comes back.

TheKnightsFury 04-01-2017 05:23 PM

1 lol this is so obviously bullshit, time would have been better spent on that ASBdex ;)

biggggg5 04-01-2017 05:32 PM

Might as well try. I do technically have one battle im in.

Chiko 04-01-2017 06:43 PM

With a quick look it seems that I have made a reffing for 2 matches in the month of March.

Sign me up.

gdi people/Kamen, be more active.

Jerichi 04-01-2017 07:50 PM

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Sparkbeat 04-01-2017 08:40 PM

I'm up for it. 0 matches reffed.

kingothestone 04-01-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deebs (Post 786016)
Hi. Sign me up daddy.

Deebs I miss you.

In there. Last GM before Pots arrives (I assume). Let's make it a good one. 0 matches reffed despite my wishes because lol building a new store apparently is more than our GC can handle without supervision.