UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   PASBL (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UPN PASBL: Lucario188 vs Son_of_Shadows (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=6854)

Snorby 06-09-2015 11:53 AM

UPN PASBL: Lucario188 vs Son_of_Shadows

Quote:

Lucario188 (C) vs. Son_of_Shadows (A)
5 vs. 5
Equilevel 3
48hr DQ
Slapstick
Return = KO
Rock Arena
Alright, here we have Luka who I haven't talked to much but seems cool and is a fan of Hetalia which is always a plus, against my fellow Fighting GT Josh. Should be fun to ref. Also holy mother of fuck 5v5 you two are insane.

Anyway, squad's up!

Lucario188 06-13-2015 08:00 PM

I'm sorry for the delay! I somehow missed this until Friday night and then didn't have time to post my squad, and then I was away camping yesterday ^_^;; I will do my best to order quickly ^u^ And of course, thank you for accepting SoS, and thank you for reffing Snorby!

Flint: Level 4 Male Charizard (Uplevel)
No Signature Move.
Hidden Power: Water

Weylyn (pronounced way-len): Level 3 Male Vibrava
No Signature Move.

Ryder: Level 3 Male Floatzel
No Signature Move.
Hidden Power Type: Ground

Nico: Level 3 Male Luxray
No Signature Move.
Hidden Power: Water

Sedge: Level 3 Male Marshtomp
No Signature Move.
Hidden Power Type: Electric

Zuko: Level 3 Male Combusken
No Signature Move.
Hidden Power: Electric

Son_of_Shadows 06-14-2015 06:11 AM

Alright, let's hope this goes a bit better for me than our last match. No mercy.

1. Starmie, "Gem" (N), level 4 (uplevel)
Biography: Gem has been one of Joshua’s most consistently useful, powerful and reliable partners over his career, but her (despite being genderless, she identifies as female) backstory is surprisingly ordinary. She was fished up off the shores of Yupien, and was captured after a hard fought battle with his Butterfree, Nectar. Upon being struck with Nectar’s Giga Drain, Gem realised that this was a weakness she needed to compensate for, and decided to tap into the true power of the mysterious mineral in her centre in order to turn this power against future opponents.
Signature: Power Drain (typeless)
Gem fires a group of red energy tendrils from the ruby in her centre that wrap around the opponent and drain their energy, similar to Giga Drain. However, while functioning similarly, this move drains the opponent’s offtype energy, in order to feed Gem’s energy of the same type. While it can drain an opponent’s type energy when her energy for the same type is full, it cannot exceed her normal limits. Power Drain can be ordered to be any type, in the format “Power Drain: [Type]” but cannot drain the opponent’s general energy or whatever their type is (ie, Power Drain: Electric cannot drain an Electric type’s energy). This move counts as a draining move and contributes towards diminishing returns, initially draining Heavy energy. Power Drain may be used twice per battle.
Hidden Power: Ground

2. Nidorina, "Amélie", (F), level 3
Biography: TBC
Signature: TBC
Hidden Power: Grass

3. Medicham, "Warrior", (M), level 3
Hidden Power: Steel

4. Abomasnow, "Yeti" (M), level [email protected]

5. Bouffalant, "Desperado" (M), level 3
Biography: This rough, tough, western buffalo is most known for his constant chewing of pebbles. SoS is yet to tell him that the cowboys of old chewed tobacco, rather than stones, but this is arguably better for his teeth anyway. Zing. From the plains of a land known as Yupien, Desperado, rather than living as part of a horde, travelled around alone, attempting to solve the problems of the plains. But no man is an island, and it's no different for Bouffalant. Desperado proved to be somewhat inept on his own, leading to his being captured while alone by SoS. As part of his "crack squad", he has come to serve as one of the heavy hitters and a powerful force to be reckoned with, known for particularly with his ability to aim precisely at a target and spit one of his chewed pebbles for spectacular effect.
Signature: Special Training - The Enemy is Your Spittoon Now
Desperado can now use Smack Down and has the required offtype energy to do so up to three times per match by spitting a pebble at his opponent.
Hidden Power: Fairy

6. Volbeat, "Reid" (M), level 3
Biography: The unofficial leader of Joshua’s “boog squad”, Reid spent most of his time in his youth hanging around a lake near Steam Cave, where Volbeat and Illumise frolic regularly and freely. The magic of the Time Gear, however, seems to have had an impact on Reid’s abilities, imbuing him with the power of the lake… before transporting him to Yupien. Because… Primal Dialga realised how broken he would be in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. He was then rescued by Joshua, with no memories of his previous life, or understanding of his watery abilities.
Signature: Steam Lake's Power
Reid, thanks to the influence of the Time Gear on Steam Lake, has learned Octazooka and Crabhammer, which he can use as a punch. In order to use these moves effectively, he is now familiar with the Water type. However, between this, and his time travelling adventures, he has lost the ability to use Solar Beam, Zen Headbutt and Shadow Ball.

I'll be leading with Warrior.

Lucario188 06-16-2015 09:07 PM

"Nico, let's do this!

Go in for a Thunder Fang, then back up and use Shock Wave."

Son_of_Shadows 06-18-2015 05:35 AM

Brick Break him with an overhead strike as he comes in to bite, then go for a Dynamic Punch.

Snorby 06-19-2015 02:12 AM

Before I ref, just to make sure:

Luka, is that an unevolving Luxio or did you mean to say that Nico is a Luxray?

Lucario188 06-19-2015 09:43 PM

Oops, no it should be Luxray. I'll edit now, thank you!

Snorby 06-20-2015 03:20 PM

The two trainers give each other curt, but respectful, nods, and unleash their first two Pokemon. From Luka, a large, black lynx named Nico emerges, its X-Ray vision boring into Josh's Medicham, going by the moniker Warrior. Nico begins the fight, leaping forward, teeth bared and crackling with electricity. Warrior, stoic enough to stand strong and unafraid against his terrifying opponent, gives Nico a quick chop to the top of the head, making Nico clamp down earlier than he intended. He still gets a good chomp into Warrior's left arm though, and it can be seen crackling with electricity afterward, clearly suffering from some mild paralysis. Nico, satisfied with himself, slinks backward as he shocks Warrior with tiny jolts of electricity. Warrior isn't ready to let the lynx escape just yet though, and rushes forward, good arm tensed. He delivers a quick uppercut to Nico's jaw, leaving the poor feline looking very confused from the blow.

Both will be good for two going into the next round, with Warrior having a health lead. It isn't too much yet, though. Warrior is suffering from some mild paralysis in his left arm, and Nico seems thoroughly confused.

Son_of_Shadows 06-23-2015 03:45 PM

Not great. Who made Luxray TL3?

Agility your paralysis away, and Meditate while he stumbles about in confusion.

Lucario188 06-24-2015 09:16 PM

Probably Connor :p

"Try and Roar to clear your confusion and startle your opponent.
If you're successful, follow up with Charge Beam."

Snorby 06-25-2015 02:40 AM

This round just ends up full of failures D:

First, Nico is ordered to Roar, but ends up too focused on the pretty stars he's seeing to care. Pity, that. Immediately after, Warrior tries to ease his paralysis with Agility- only for that not to work, because it's electrical paralysis and that only works on physical paralysis. He will have a bit of a speed boost though, so I guess that's nice. Nico, while he would have been able to push through confusion this time around, upon hearing his orders, does nothing. He didn't pull off the Roar, so he isn't supposed to Charge Beam. Warrior then finishes the round by trying to meditate... and being distracted by the paralysis. Lovely.

Neither side took any damage. Nico used no energy and will be the fresher of the pair, but not by a whole lot. Warrior's paralysis is slightly lessened and he has a nifty little speed boost for when he can move more again. Likewise, Nico has found the slightest bit of clarity in his head, though he's still pretty confused.

Lucario188 06-26-2015 04:15 PM

Lol xP

"Nico, try for a Thunderbolt followed by Secret Power."

Also please note my TA; I'll be back Monday!

Son_of_Shadows 07-02-2015 12:43 PM

I have absolutely no idea how paralysis would interfere so hard with meditation but whatever, I'm a dumb.

Send a Toxic his way before encasing him in a Rock Tomb.

Snorby 07-07-2015 10:58 PM

Sorry for the inactivity, TA ^^;

@Josh The bolded portion was my reasoning for it:

Quote:

Paralysis - Paralysis is a status inflicted primarily by Electric-type moves, though a physical variant can also be inflicted by Body Slam. Paralysis causes the body of the afflicted Pokémon to lock up at random, preventing them from executing attacks. Since paralysis causes the Pokémon's body to lock up, it is very distracting and can break a Pokémon's focus when using both physical and special moves. Paralysis can be full body or localized, applying to only the area affected when local. It can also be of varying severity, which determines both how often moves fail and how long the paralysis lasts. Paralysis naturally fades after about 3 rounds if severe, decreasing in severity each round, but it can also be jarred out of the Pokémon if they are hit with a move of significant or higher damage. Physical paralysis may also occur, and will generally only result in severe paralysis, but it will clear quickly and can be dispelled with relaxation moves such as Agility, though electrical paralysis cannot. Once paralysis is clear, the Pokémon will suffer from a drop in speed and agility for roughly a round after. Repeated attempts to paralyze a Pokémon will result in less severe paralysis.
I feel like a status condition that specifically states that it messes up an afflicted pokemon's focus should have a pretty decent chance to mess up the afflicted pokemon when their using a move that's attack description starts with "The user concentrates and focuses its energy more effectively".

Nico kicks off the round by ACTUALLY DOING THINGS! He manages to push through the confusion and loose a powerful bolt of electricity toward Warrior, who is shocked out of his paralysis. Because logic. Warrior immediately follows up by spewing a lovely toxic goop on his opponent. Nico tries to use Secret Power, but he's back to getting distracted by the pretty stars he's seeing. So Warrior vomits on him and traps him in a Rock Tomb. Poor thing.

Nico now has a slight lead in health on Warrior, but the two are still pretty even. Both should be good for two next round. Warrior's paralysis is gone. Nico's confusion will fade entirely sometime next round.

Son_of_Shadows 07-08-2015 06:18 AM

Calm your Mind. If he breaks free, then send a Mid-Charge Focus Blast his way.

Lucario188 07-08-2015 09:48 PM

"Let out a Howl, then use Natural Gift, using your X-Ray vision to aim accurately."

Snorby 07-10-2015 06:39 PM

Warrior calms himself down and relaxes his mind a bit, powering up special attacks of the future. Meanwhile, Nico is too focused on the pretty tomb walls (that he can see through, mind you), to care about his orders. Warrior waits to see if Nico is going to bust out of the tomb. He doesn't. But he's also shaken off the confusion, and is using his X-Ray vision to stare down the completely clueless Warrior. He slams his paws into the ground, and draws out the power of his environment. A slew of small, sharp-edged stones soar toward Warrior, raking his body. While this was a clever strategy, unfortunately for Nico, the Rock Arena resulted in a resisted Stone Edge. To make matters worse, Nico shivers as toxins attack his system for the first of many times.

Warrior took a weakened hit, still doing alright on health. Should be fine for two.

Nico will be fresh next round thanks to the forced one mover. His lead on his opponent is strengthening, as he took nothing but toxic damage, but it's still nothing to write home about.

Lucario188 07-10-2015 11:38 PM

"Use Charge followed by Howl while keeping an eye on Medicham so you can avoid the impact if he breaks through the Rock Tomb. If you get out, replace either move with Thunderbolt."

Son_of_Shadows 07-11-2015 07:28 AM

I did get my Calm Mind Boost, yes?

Snorby 07-11-2015 10:05 AM

You did.

Son_of_Shadows 07-11-2015 01:51 PM

The fact that Medicham doesn't get Earthquake is a pain in the neck.

Use Rock Slide on the Tomb to slide both the rocks and Nico into some of the more jagged walls and send an MC Focus Blast her way.

Snorby 07-13-2015 01:55 PM

While Nico charges up, Warrior decides to slide the tomb into the lion... cat.. thing. Nico screeches in pain, though he makes no contact with jagged walls because those aren't really things, and looses a quick Thunderbolt at his adversary. Warrior follows up with a powerful Kamehameha, which hurts Nico even more because it's boosted by Calm Mind.

Nico took craptons of damage, and lost his lead, though Warrior took a strong hit as well. Warrior might want a break, but could probably scrape together a two if needed.

Son_of_Shadows 07-14-2015 02:54 PM

Ranged Psycho Cut followed by Psyshock. If he comes in close, smack him with a Drain Punch instead.

Lucario188 07-15-2015 07:29 AM

Snorby, could I trouble you for their health in terms of thirds or even just the midpoint? Thanks, and you're doing a good job; the speed is appreciated!

Snorby 07-15-2015 11:14 AM

Oh, sorry, I was in a rush to complete that one and complete forgot ^^''

Warrior is just out of his first third, while Nico is fast approaching the midpoint.