UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   UPN News (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pokemon Duel out for Android and iOS (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=7943)

deoxys 01-24-2017 03:18 PM

Pokemon Duel out for Android and iOS

BORKED

Pokemon Comaster, as it was originally known in Japan, is now available as Pokemon Duel on iOS and Android in the US.

Quote:

Build your party of Pokémon figures and play against your friends in Pokémon Duel! Now available on Apple and Android devices. Visit our site to learn more about this game!
Currently I am unsure if it is available in other countries, so if anyone can confirm, let me know.

Shuckle 01-24-2017 04:12 PM

I just want to know why they left them as shitty tokens when they clearly took the time to code in complex animations for practically everything else, including special animations for some of the shitty figurine guys.

I thought the point of these kinds of games was specifically immersion. Guess it was the cute poses that the figures make?

deoxys 01-24-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuckle (Post 782184)
I just want to know why they left them as shitty tokens when they clearly took the time to code in complex animations for practically everything else, including special animations for some of the shitty figurine guys.

I thought the point of these kinds of games was specifically immersion. Guess it was the cute poses that the figures make?

It's a good question, the only answer I can come up with is they reaaaaally wanted to to make a HeroClix clone but had to settle for a digital version of it.

Shuckle 01-24-2017 04:49 PM

But those tokens already exist!

Recognizability maybe? Selling figures? Allowing digital collection?

I can't imagine profits from figurines would be THAT HIGH but?

deoxys 01-24-2017 05:06 PM

Yeah for me this feels very much like a Dungeon Dice Monsters type move for Pokemon. And lest we forget what a failure that turned out to be... Poor, sweet Duke Devlin never knew what hit him.

Kindrindra 01-26-2017 05:26 AM

Wait uh.

This is a remake of an older physical pokemon game, isn't it? I can't remember what the name was, but I'm sure I have some of the figurines knocking around somewhere.

Escalion 01-26-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindrindra (Post 782331)
Wait uh.

This is a remake of an older physical pokemon game, isn't it? I can't remember what the name was, but I'm sure I have some of the figurines knocking around somewhere.

That's the Pokémon Trading Figure Game. Pretty sure I have a few of those things somewhere too.

deoxys 01-26-2017 04:05 PM

Well damn, you're right. I either completely forgot that existed, or didn't know it existed at all. Wow. The figures looked cool, too.

Crys 01-26-2017 09:59 PM

I still have a few of them...somewhere.

Char 02-13-2017 10:32 PM

Been playing this quite a bit...pretty fun. Too much of a time sink though.

Missingno. Master 07-26-2017 10:57 AM

So apparently Mega Evolution will be coming to Duel. I use a Salamence in my deck, so I'll be very interested to see how this affects me.

Missingno. Master 08-16-2017 06:28 PM

Mega Salamence has been added to Duel. The new Dragon Gym Cup is up as well, and I've been participating in it, fighting duels like crazy in my attempt to get a Mega Salamence figure- you get one for winning 30 duels, though there's a lot of tough competition. I managed 22 wins thus far- just eight to go! And there's special rules in place for the Dragon Gym Cup duels, giving all Dragon-types +1 MP, which works for me, since I use Salamence and Goomy>Sliggoo in my deck.