UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Inquiries (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Reset (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4866)

Jerichi 04-01-2013 08:17 AM

Reset

Starting next month, the entire ASB will be undergoing a reset. This includes everything: stats, squads, sigs, points and ref grades. EXCEPT, we've decided that, to keep you reffing in the meantime, you WILL be able to keep your SP after the reset. We don't want you to lose all those hard-earned points that you've worked so hard to accrue! SP rewards (slots, level-ups and legends) will not be kept, but you will be rewarded half their value in SP at the time of the reset.

Keep reffing and see you in May!

Rangeet 04-01-2013 08:18 AM

Noez!!!111oneoneone

Jerichi 04-01-2013 08:19 AM

I'm totally serious.

Celebii151 04-01-2013 08:21 AM

Might I ask why you are doing this?[/totallytryingtomakeyouadmititsaprilfools]

phoopes 04-01-2013 08:21 AM

Aprools?

Jerichi 04-01-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celebii151 (Post 444990)
Might I ask why you are doing this?[/totallytryingtomakeyouadmititsaprilfools]

We've discussed it for a while. At first, we were all pretty hesitant because it'd be a big step but we think now that it's the best way to get the league active again. If we have vets all working towards a goal again, they'll all battle more, boosting activity greatly.

Rangeet 04-01-2013 08:28 AM

Well, this will only mean that on the first of may(first of may), outdoor reffing starts again.

Mercutio 04-01-2013 08:35 AM

Well. I call April Fools, since it's still before midday in America. And that is an excellent job with the colours in your opening post, Jeri.

However, on the off chance that this does happen (in the future), you realise that if you do a reset without changing the league's structural make up then you will drive away more activity than you bring in and will solve no problems? For example, the economy doesn't work (yes I know I said I would suggest things on this), meaning that no-one is going to bother reffing post-reset. The level acquisitions are ridiculous, meaning that everyone with any sense will pick fully evolved and very powerful TL1-2 pokémon and immediately get back up to being the strongest trainers (and you've got a great list of Dave suggestions so you wouldn't even have to do any work on that) - I would take about a month to get back to TL2, no questions asked). The health/energy problm was never really solved because no-one took any action on it, so battles are still going to be stupid mismatches of attacks and no strategy. The league lacks PR, meaning that attracting new members doesn't happen, and its organisational structure is laughable.

I mean. I actually think a reset is a good idea. But if you just do a reset and change nothing else, you'll kill the league.

Also, let us keep our legends :p Perhaps make it so that people can keep such things but stipulate that they can only be used by people who are TL3.

Concept 04-01-2013 08:43 AM

For the record, I still think this is a bad idea.

Also you're a douche for choosing to announce this on April 1st. Low blow Jer.

Sneaze 04-01-2013 08:47 AM

QUICK EVERYONE CONVERT ALL YOUR TP INTO SP!

KratosAurion 04-01-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneezey12 (Post 444998)
QUICK EVERYONE CONVERT ALL YOUR TP INTO SP!

This.

Also, I'm excited by the idea, but I'd like to see at least a change in Pokemon Level Acquisitions, and a true standard as far as Health / Energy goes. Weakness / Resistance calculations, too.

Being serious about it is my April Fool's joke... Right.... RIGHT?!

Shuckle 04-01-2013 10:31 AM

I can't survive without my 6 TP D: Don't take it away from meeeeheeeee

Toyo 04-01-2013 10:33 AM

Not sure if you're joking or not. >.> There were better days to announce this, if serious.

I was so close to TL2

DaveTheFishGuy 04-01-2013 10:36 AM

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/50...+Simpson+3.png

Mercutio 04-01-2013 10:37 AM

Only an idiot would announce this as a serious thing today.

Firewater 04-01-2013 11:38 AM

or that could be the point?

also, why wouldn't people keep badges in the reset, or would everyone have to reapply to be GL's again, even if they were one before?

I believe this is a april fools thing but just in case

edit, saw the joke, touche Jeri

Lady Kuno 04-01-2013 12:07 PM

I said it in the LO forum and I'll say it again here: Fuck this. I like how you're being an asshole about telling people about this today on all days, too.

empoleon dynamite 04-01-2013 12:41 PM

This is a joke but

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerichi (Post 444992)
If we have vets all working towards a goal again, they'll all battle more, boosting activity greatly.

So if a man spends five years of his life building a house from the ground up and now it's finished spends considerably less of his time on manual labour, would you burn his house down so he can start again?

If this is real, surely public voting would make more sense.

Charminions 04-01-2013 12:50 PM

Wow, I almost took this seriously. While I, personally, wouldn't mind starting over if everyone else did, doing so at this point in time would do way more harm than good. There's much better ways to raise activity in the league, and scaring away tired vets isn't one of them.

Tyranidos 04-01-2013 04:17 PM

ITT: "I know this is a joke, but here are the reasons why a league-wide reset is unfeasible."

Everyone knows its bad idea, including Jeri. This is why it is a joke.

kusari 04-01-2013 04:55 PM

Oh a reset? Well...I...uh...I was going to reset anyway so meh :p.

In seriousness, I figured something would be done for "Aprools" as we're calling it now. Just wasn't sure what. Good job starting a bit of a tizzy, Jeri.

Mercutio 04-01-2013 04:59 PM

Yeah but it has its merits as an idea, so you've got to at least pretend to take it seriously!

Amras.MG 04-01-2013 05:09 PM

I'm ok with this happening, on the grounds that Tdos retains all of his stuff and gets to laugh at everyone else more than he already does.

deh74 04-01-2013 05:11 PM

I don't give a flying poop if there's a reset, as long as I haven't won any battles yet.

Squirtleking 04-01-2013 05:11 PM

This had better be an April Fool. Just saying.