UPNetwork

UPNetwork (http://forums.upnetwork.net/index.php)
-   PASBL (http://forums.upnetwork.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UPN PASBL: Concept vs Hanatori (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=1842)

Mercutio 12-12-2009 07:23 AM

UPN PASBL: Concept vs Hanatori

Well, here we are again, battling on the oh so boring Lawn arena. On the oneside is Concept, a decently experienced trainer, battling Hanatori, our resident flying type gymleader and a very awesome person. This will be an interesting battle I'm sure, despite the setting, and so without further ado let's make the magic happen!
Quote:

Hanatori (a) vs Concept (c)
3 vs 3
72 Hr DQ (loose)
Slapstick
Switch=KO
Equiall
Lawn Arena
Concept, check or raise?

Concept 12-12-2009 08:35 AM

Hoh boy, what've I gotten myself into this time. Best of luck Hana, and thanks you for taking the match Kush. I'll try to make this interesting.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn031.gif Marian the Nidoqueen level 4 Female
No sig.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn212.gif The Inevitable Scizor level 5 Female
Bio: A hardy warrior. Scizor enjoys her opponents suffering, and has been known to draw out a battle longer than necessary in order to prolong their pain. However, this once back fired on her: her opponent managed to get a fire blast off at close range, severely wounding her. During her long recovery, her only solace was knowing that the offending pokemon had later died of the wounds Scizor inflicted.
Ashamed of her weakness, Scizor travelled to Cinnabar island with Simone. There, she subjected herself to the full power of the firey residents of the volcano, struggling everyday in an effort to remove her weakness to fire.
Special Resistance: Through the Fire and Flames (Typeless)
Due to her extensive training, Scizor now takes 300% rather than 400% damage from fire types.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn125.gif Geno the Electabuzz level 4 Male
No sig.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn130.gif Monarch the Gyarados level 4 Female
Bio: Monarch has the same penchant for mindless destruction as all others of her species. In fact, she gets a little too into it at times, and it can be quite hard to get her out of it.
Sig pending.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn097.gif Jansen the Hypno level 4 Male
No sig.

http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn359.gif Louise the Absol level 4 Female
No sig.

Let's get this show on the road shall we?

Hanatori 12-12-2009 09:02 AM

Very well then. Good luck, and prepare for battle!

Bulle: Female Drifblim (Level 4)
Used solely for transport purposes before I found her, Bulle's once sunny personality has turned into a horrible caricature of itself because she had been transporting some of the most morally corrupt Pokemon this side of Sinnoh. Bulle's transportation duties often involved flying through thunderstorms, forcing her to develop a technique to keep herself and her passenger safe.
Special Defense: Static Field (Electric)
Using Electric energy equal to Light Screen, Bulle creates an electric field that extends five feet in all directions away from her. Electric attacks will be absorbed by the barrier, which can endure two Thunderbolts, one Thunder, or a combination of attacks that would do equivalent damage before being destroyed. Pokemon, physical attacks, and other special attacks will pass through the field easily, but coming in contact with the field will cause that Pokemon to take damage equal to 1/2 Thundershock, with a 5% chance of mild Paralysis. This attack may only be used twice per battle.

Zekka: Female Lickitung (Level 4)
Zekka suffers from a constant failure to communicate, so much of her dialogue takes place in her mind.
Special Training: Delicious Elemental Sauce (Various)
Zekka may coat her tongue with Fighting, Ice, Electric, Fire, or Ghost energy while using Lick, using additional energy equal to Shock Wave and doing decent additional damage. Zekka is only allowed to use one element as Elemental Sauce per battle, and can use Elemental Sauce with Lick twice per battle.

Semme: Female Tangrowth (Level 4)
Semme was found being berated by a rather aggressive Furret that hangs around the old Dual Wing Gym quite frequently. We were impressed by the way she fought off the Furret with only her vines, and thus decided to take her in.
Special Technique: Broadhand (Grass)
Semme uses Grass energy equal to 2x Growth to enlarge one of her vine-hands to two times its size. Attacks used with the vine-hand do more damage, but are slower as a result. This attack can be used twice per battle, and can not be used consecutively on the same vine-hand.

Lim: Female Quagsire (Level 4)
Lim is what I like to call a sleepy-eyed surprise. She's so well-known among the squad for her constant sleepiness that most don't realize that she's surprisingly crafty for such a lazy 'mon.

Asher: Male Charizard (Level 4)
Asher. my first Pokemon, has honed his skills over the years, becoming the strongest member of the Dual Wing Gym Squad.
Special Attack: Fire Ball (Fire)
Using a good amount of Fire energy, Asher engulfs himself in flames. Pokemon touching the flame will take light damage, with a 10% chance of being burned. The flames wear off after five turns. This attack can only be used twice per battle.

Koutetsutori: Female Skarmory (Level 4)
We always wondered what the problem with Koutetsutori was. She seemed completely, mind-bendingly stupid... but now we just know she has a terrible attention span and, quite like Bela, is frequently in her own little world. She's still a little stupid, though she's also extremely loyal to those closest to her.
Special Training: Scatterbrain (--)
Due to getting the full brunt of the Jumpluff Duo's snide remarks over the years, Koutetsutori is unaffected by Taunt; however, her scatterbrained personality means that Amnesia will never fail to erase the last attack she used, regardless of how difficult it is to block the attack in question.

Zekka, you'll be up first.

Concept 12-12-2009 09:17 AM

Last time I fought one of those things it didn't go too well. Let's hope this one goes better. Jansen, do the honours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Concept (Post 114854)
http://fb.upnetwork.net/sprites/pn097.gif Jansen the Hypno level 4 Male
No sig.

Nasty plot into hidden power.

Hanatori 12-12-2009 09:31 AM

Good, you changed your attacks. I was actually going to order an FC Shadow Ball first round.

Now, Hypno? Interesting. Interrupt his Plotting with a Ghost Sauce-fueled Lick and go into a Skull Bash.

Concept 12-12-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanatori (Post 114865)
Good, you changed your attacks. I was actually going to order an FC Shadow Ball first round.

I realised that was a possibility :p, which is why I changed 'em.

Mercutio 12-12-2009 07:34 PM

Round 1

Starting us off in this seemingly boring of arenas, our trainers have slected their squads and their opening battleplans. Zekka will face off against Jansen in a battle of the sexes as we wait to see whether the former's lack of weaknesses has anything to do with the outcome of this frame.

With the initiative, Jansen starts us off, using Nasty Plot to attempt to get himself a nice boost. Midway through, however, he takes a Lick from Zekka, coated in a super effective form of sauce no less, and loses the concentration to continue. Angered, Jansen tries his luck with a Hidden Power. Before the attack gets far however, Zekka has formed a protective aura around herself, using Skull Bash to close the gap between the two and deal out some more damage, lraving the two battlers in melee range as the round ends.

Zekka took no damage. She used decent energy, with ghost down to around 3/4 (a fraction above that) and general at a good bit below perfect. Elemental sauce has one use left and must be of the ghost type.

Jansen took damage, some of it SE, and is a good bit above 3/4 health. He used slightly less energy, a smallish bit from perfect, and has a mild boost to special attack that will last several rounds.

Hanatori 12-15-2009 07:10 AM

Fling him away a good distance with your Strength, then use your tongue to great effect for a Power Whip.

Concept 12-15-2009 08:50 AM

Disable the power whip, then hypnosis.

Mercutio 12-16-2009 10:05 AM

Round 2

Zekka flexes and throws her opponent a little, her Strength enough to send the psychic type out of the way. As she charges her Power Whip, however, she finds herself completely powerless to move as Jansen's Disable kicks in. Before she has a chance to recover at the end of the round, she is sent into a deep stupor by Hypnosis.

Zekka took no damage and used a small amount of energy. She's asleep for much of next eround unless awoken.

Jansen used very good energy, at the midpoint between perfect and 3/4. Having successfully used two two movers, might want to think about a one move round to keep consumption at a steady rate.

Concept 12-18-2009 12:23 PM

Belly drum, fc focus punch.

Mercutio 12-24-2009 09:56 AM

I wasn't going to bump this, but I just looked at your orders. You are a bad man.

Hanatori 12-27-2009 09:25 PM

Allow me to teach you the true meaning of cheap/underhanded/arsehole tactics.

Okay Zekka, this is going to be rough, but potentially quite interesting and terribly, horribly cheap. When you wake up, use Psych Up to gain Jansen's boost, then split the ground wide open with a Fissure. From there, if he falls in immediately, use Earthquake to make his situation even less fortunate; otherwise, throw him in as far and hard as you can with a Seismic Toss.

3-mover confirmed.

Mercutio 12-27-2009 09:36 PM

Round 3

I had to figure out how much I thought Belly Drum would boost you, and then how much damage a SE FC Focus Punch would do. This is... interesting.

With Zekka asleep for the moment, Jansen goes apeshit on himself and uses Belly Drum, getting a retarded amount of attack power and immedietly starting to charge it int ohis fist with a FC Focus Punch! Zekka has no chance as the attack slams home, dealing an insame amount of damage and knocking the Lickitung back several feet... it looks shaky, but manages to stay up for now. Using Psych Up, it copies the boost, similarly going apeshit and using Fissure. Jansen is full of rage, but is far enough away that the Fissure misses, so Zekka runs the fook over there and slams it at some ridiculous pace into the fisure with a Seismic Toss.

Zekka is one move from KOness, literally no move is weak enough to KO her. She has a Belly Drum boost and is on 3/4 energy. Needs a break... but probably won't listen if you order one.

Jansen is similarly fucked, but less so; on about 1/4 health. Belly Drum boost, good bit below 3/4 energy. No Fighting type energy. Needs a break, but is thinking the same as Zekka. In the fissure, which has a little wiggle room and is two metres deep.

Hanatori 12-28-2009 11:40 AM

Battles are won by using the field to one's advantage. Make Jansen's situation even less comfortable by blocking his way out with a Rock Tomb, then shake it all up with an Earthquake.

Concept 12-28-2009 11:51 AM

Battles are won by using common sense to one's advantage. Recover your breath whilst she rock tombs you, then teleport a couple of feet above her and fall on her for a gravity assisted body slam.

Mercutio 12-28-2009 12:03 PM

Round 4

Zekka uses Rock Tomb, the boulders entombing Jansen withing the fissure and makign it difficult for him to see anywhere. She continues with an Earthquake, crushing Jansen between a lot of rubble and shizz. As the round ends, Jansen's Headbutt knocks much of the tomb away and he stares up at his opponent from the tomb, just about concious.

Zekka used a fair amount of energy but is unchanged otherwise.

Jansen's into critical health, with maybe two attacks of moderate strength left in him. Belly Drum remains at full power and he's on a very good bit above 1/2 energy.

The field is fairly messed up, with the fissure mostly filled up with rubble.

Hanatori 01-05-2010 07:29 AM

Er...

Belly Drum (NO) -- The user slams its fists into its belly, mentally psyching itself up for battle. The user reaches a sort of battle frenzy, totally ignoring all defense in favor of crushing the opponent with highly-buffed attacks. This is the strongest attack buff in the game, but the user cannot even attempt to dodge or reduce damage from enemy attacks. Also, the user will consume energy at a more rapid pace due to the frenzy, and is more likely to miss with its physical blows.

If Hypno is still RAEGing completely, how'd he get off the Teleport to begin with?

Mercutio 01-05-2010 07:37 AM

Hmm, I was gpoing with the whole "stuck in a tomb, opponent out there, psychic type, let's go kill it" line, but I guess that's kind of.. bull.

Watch for edits then post orders Concept <3

Concept 01-05-2010 08:02 AM

I figured it would work because if he wants to go kill the Lickitung, and that was the best way to do it. If Lickitung is equally raeging, then by the same idea how did it get off the rock tomb in the first place if all it wanted to do was smack Jansen? Because rock tomb gave him a way to smack Jansen, same as teleport gave Jansen a way to smack Lickitung.

Mercutio 01-05-2010 08:04 AM

It's tricky, because RT only just qualifies as a direct attack in my book anyway.

Concept 01-05-2010 08:08 AM

How's it a direct attack? Doesn't do any damage, seems a fairly defensive move to me as it blocks Jansen from attacking Zekka directly. On the other hand, Jansen wanted to get to Zekka as fast as possible and deal as much hurt as possible, something teleport would have achieved.

Mercutio 01-05-2010 08:34 AM

If we're going to argue over which is more direct, a lot of rocks falling or moving in order to strike, we should probably just reorder/ ref it so that both of you epic fail.

Mercutio 01-06-2010 09:32 AM

Ok neither of you has an opinion, meaning that I'm calling a reorder: the round in which you ordered rock tomb/teleport respectively is to be reordered, starting with Hana, and we shall move from there. Apologies.

Concept 01-06-2010 09:34 AM

No, I'll accept the reffing as is. Orders to come later.