UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Median Dia

Conversation Between Median Dia and lilboocorsola
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 70
  1. Median Dia
    09-18-2017 10:17 PM
    Median Dia
    Well, after what happened last time, it's hardly a surprise at this point. I did reread my last round's results, and... not only was it insulting to my attempts at being creative, the justification for getting so low a score in the Haunted House also went specifically against Berue's Careful Nature. Yay.

I had to come up with the most over-the-top thing I could while still being understandable in a text-based format. Man, am I glad mawile have that random beige spot on their horn!
  2. lilboocorsola
    09-18-2017 10:12 PM
    lilboocorsola
    *sigh* I'd really rather they just be upfront about these things. I mean, I would've gone for the "hero" angle no matter what, but still. =/
  3. Median Dia
    09-18-2017 10:09 PM
    Median Dia
    It was... danced around on Discord as well, so technically no. Most of us assumed it would be in the judging process and acted accordingly, however.
  4. lilboocorsola
    09-18-2017 10:07 PM
    lilboocorsola
    >CG event Update
    >encouraged to be creative
    >uses two items in different ways than intended
    >gets lowest score out of team

Not that I'm really complaining after the last round, but like: Was there any indicator that we would specifically be judged on our team's category?
  5. Median Dia
    09-12-2017 08:23 PM
    Median Dia
    That's main reason they pump the updates out in such a regimented manner- the longer they take, the more likely it is that people will be forced away from it for long periods of time, and they'd rather get it done with as few dropouts as possible. As someone who lives under constant threat of losing internet access at the whim of my tyrannical progenitor, I certainly appreciate this particular measure myself...
  6. lilboocorsola
    09-12-2017 08:05 PM
    lilboocorsola
    *shrug* It's water under the bridge now. Still, I would've liked some warning beforehand.

That seems to be more of an Updator issue though with the Cinccino Royale. For whatever reasons, the CG event coordinators seem capable of releasing Updates within a couple days, so why not just wait for everyone to reply (within a reasonable timeframe) before setting the next deadline? I know I've had trouble just keeping up each week.
  7. Median Dia
    09-12-2017 06:48 PM
    Median Dia
    I guess that's fair...? I dunno, I've had very different problems from you in this regard.

Weeeell... we do have an example of what happens when things aren't strict with these sorts of events in FB already- the Day Phase of the Cinccino Royale is already two weeks past of the (extended) end date. Granted, it's been pretty enjoyable so far, but none of the updators seem to have made a move towards wrapping it up and preparing for the next phase yet, either. Though that may be saying something on it's own...
  8. lilboocorsola
    09-12-2017 06:43 PM
    lilboocorsola
    It might not have been an issue if there wasn't a hard deadline or the event had taken place in its own separate thread. But as it was I felt cheated out of time to reply since I'm not going to bother sifting through the whole thread for what might be a potential update when there was no prior indication that anyone else would be taking over. As far as I knew the others weren't involved and were simply updating their own groups.

I know dropouts are an issue, but for people who have legitimate reasons to be absent I don't see why there can't be some leniency. Everything else in FB has already adapted more relaxed allowances for pick-ups/drop-offs.
  9. Median Dia
    09-12-2017 06:00 PM
    Median Dia
    ...I've got nothing to say for you in that regard, then. It was never brought up on Discord because everyone there picked up on it on their own accords- as far as I'm aware, you're the only one who's had any issue with the change of hands.

The rigid scheduling is likely there so that the folks who drop don't hold the whole event up and drag it out, potentially to the point of never finishing. That happens all the time elsewhere, and while the crew wants everyone to participate and have fun, they also want it to actually end cleanly at a somewhat reasonable time.

Oh no, nobody's going to doubt that it's hard work. But keep in mind the activity levels we have now compared to when the Old kings were in control- that, in and of itself, speaks volumes about the current state of everything for the vast majority of the players! Besides, nobody l
    iked the 'unable to catch shinies' rule they had in place beforehand
  10. lilboocorsola
    09-12-2017 05:37 PM
    lilboocorsola
    And I personally was never made aware of that fact. Maybe it was made clear on Discord during development, but again I'm not a part of it. I only happened upon their posts by chance when replying to my own CG Adventure. (I'm not sure why there needed to be such a rigid fixed schedule in the first place either, given what you've said about some people being unavailable to participate some weeks, but whatever.)

Yeah... Tbh a lot of people villified the old mods, but frankly I don't think a lot of what they did was that bad. Everyone's going to have differing opinions on how to run things, and when you step into the same shoes it's probably a lot harder than it seems.