UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Connor

Conversation Between Connor and lilboocorsola
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 34
  1. lilboocorsola
    10-17-2016 05:29 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Well I say "scary" but she was just really good at playing the part. XP We simply happened to keep running into each other; another aspect of being at a small con. (I think I've actually seen her at Kagepro meet-ups before; another aspect of being in a small fandom. =3=) There was another Yuki too who wanted to take a picture with me, which made me feel kinda bad about not wearing the wig. ^^;
  2. Connor
    10-17-2016 08:14 AM
    Connor
    Part of my misgiving with something like that would definitely be the business of it, so that's always good to hear! That portrait is actually pretty damn cool as well, so grats on bagging that.

See, insofar as cosplay goes I think sometimes it can probably be taken too far. That sounds like it's one of those too far moments (although I'm sure your cosplay was great (especially since the Yuki on in the picture of the Link potrait seemed pretty well done).
  3. lilboocorsola
    10-16-2016 10:21 PM
    lilboocorsola
    We were lucky and ended up going all three days - which was both fun but exhausting. OTL It was a small con which was nice. Not a lot of lines and we ended up finding/winning some good loot. I even entered a raffle and got a Deku Link portrait. \o/

(Didn't wear the Yuki wig since it was too much of a hassle. I dressed up as Ayano for the first two days; there was a Kuroha who kept stalking me on Friday and it was scary. >.>; )
  4. Connor
    10-13-2016 03:14 PM
    Connor
    I very nearly ended up posting this to my own VM wall. Woops!

Yeah I can understand your feelings on that one, trust me. I know someone who went through something very similar, but fortunately for them the University seemed happy to work with them and around it. Shame it couldn't have worked out that way for you.

And that sounds pretty good! I have been doing significantly less on a social level this semester so far, been bumming me out a bit. Mixture of everyone I know being busy or graduated is a kicker.
  5. lilboocorsola
    10-13-2016 01:17 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Eh, okay I guess. Idk if I mentioned to you but I ended up dropping out/being kicked out of my program last year since I couldn't handle rotations due to social anxiety/pressure to perform. So I've basically just been busy working since then and trying to figure out what to do with my life now. *shrug*

In brighter news, I'm going to an animé con with a friend tomorrow, so that's something. Might wear my Ayano costume again. =3=
  6. Connor
    10-13-2016 10:59 AM
    Connor
    I do like to put some Stornoway on in the background during the time I'm winding down. Great relaxing music.

And things have been pretty good on my end! Am doing decently well in my degree and have a pretty solid foundation on what I want to do going on from there (teaching English as a foreign language), so that's all nice and dandy. Yourself?
  7. lilboocorsola
    10-13-2016 10:37 AM
    lilboocorsola
    Ahh the second one sounds familiar. Yes, it's the "Zorbing" vid I was thinking about. XP Both have such a strange name I never would've guessed. Thanks!

How have you been btw?
  8. Connor
    10-13-2016 07:03 AM
    Connor
    If they were a British band I feel like it was most likely Lower Than Atlantis. Could have also been Stornoway.
  9. lilboocorsola
    10-12-2016 09:07 PM
    lilboocorsola
    The ED is so much fun. >w<

Speaking of music, I've been trying to remember a band you recommended me once. I think they were English or something? All I can recall is that one of their videos featured them sitting on a spinny-thing at a playground. x.X
  10. Connor
    10-12-2016 06:37 PM
    Connor
    Yeah I've only just recently watched it! Felt bad afterwards because by God I enjoyed it, should have given it a chance earlier. That ED was possibly one of my favourite of all time too.