UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > deoxys

Conversation Between deoxys and Yougirasu
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Yougirasu
    03-15-2013 04:08 PM
    Yougirasu
    I can understand how that might feel. I don't think Java's supposed to be as bad as C++, but I'm only up to the 8th lesson (the first 3 of them being what to download and how to install them) and I swear that I should know more than I do. They do a great job of explaining things, but they keep throwing up things to the code and I just want to yell, 'Tell me what [piece of code I don't know yet] does!' when they don't explain it.
    But, if you want to check it out, look at http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php, even if you don't want to start with C++, they might have something more suitable to start with since they have more than 20 playlists on computer programming.
  2. deoxys
    03-14-2013 05:26 PM
    deoxys
    Would love too, but truthfully I don't know how to code in any language yet, but it's something I would really like to try. I hear jumping straight into C++ is like diving into the deep end of a pool without knowing how to swim, so I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
  3. Yougirasu
    03-14-2013 04:57 AM
    Yougirasu
    Heya Deo, I was just over at the Bucket List thread and saw one of yours was to learn C++ and wondered if it was time or resources that were stopping you from learning it. I happen to have a site that I'm using to go through basic Java (although I'm taking my time with the lessons) and they have C++ as well, breaking everything down into numerous, short lessons. Give me a shout if you want the link to take a look at the stuff it has.