UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Marion Ette
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Conversation Between Marion Ette and Beautiful Savage
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Beautiful Savage
    06-23-2016 09:25 PM
    Beautiful Savage
    Well, currently I'm working on a quest for GX Prodigy. It's only a couple updates along and I'm not super proud of it yet, though.
  2. Marion Ette
    06-23-2016 09:21 PM
    Marion Ette
    Hey, is there a particular WF post or storyline you would like me to look at, or should I just take my pick?
  3. Beautiful Savage
    06-21-2016 04:41 PM
    Beautiful Savage
    That's interesting. I have trouble creating characters with depth, though. That's an interesting approach that I'll try to keep in mind.
  4. Marion Ette
    06-21-2016 04:38 PM
    Marion Ette
    I don't really have one set method, but generally I start with an outline of interesting quirks/surface traits: for example, I may start with, "I want this player to encounter a trainer character that is afraid of fairy Pokemon, since it will give him an interesting reaction to the player's Cleffa, who is used to being adored and coddled by trainers that encounter her." Then I think... How does one become afraid of fairies? The answers to those questions often make the character far more interesting than the quirk I initially choose for them. Not sure if I'm explaining my method well, but it's kind of become an intuitive thing at this point (I've been RPing for 16 years at this point which is a bit embarrassing to admit) so I actually don't give my process much thought!
  5. Beautiful Savage
    06-21-2016 09:45 AM
    Beautiful Savage
    Do you have any advice about creating characters? Specifically NPCs as part of a quest or as recurring characters.