UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > InnerFlame

Conversation Between InnerFlame and lilboocorsola
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 19
  1. lilboocorsola
    02-24-2012 09:37 AM
    lilboocorsola
    I think there's going to be Kenshin remake too at some point. I did that with Yu-Gi-Oh as well, mostly because I was just interested in the Egyptian backstory and not the children's card game.

Have you seen CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES yet?

Madoka is a dark magical girl series. Ano Hana is a sentimental series about a group of childhood friends who drifted apart after one of them died. She's now come back as a ghost.
  2. InnerFlame
    02-24-2012 02:42 AM
    InnerFlame
    Sorry about that, I tend to do that every once in while. >_>

I've watched Rurouni Kenshin back when it was on TV... I always been meaning to go back it watch it again. I, myself, am not a very good long series watcher I tend to missed a lot of episodes. And like what I did with Yugioh I skipped a lot of seasons and eventually just went to the the last episodes. Or I get so confuse I stop watching it all together.

I watch/read a lot of weird things so it probably wouldn't affect me too bad.

Nope I haven't heard of them. What are they about?

Also I have watched the first episode of Another, I'll try to drop a post later today. Before I go out of town for a Karate Tournament. I'll be returning Sunday. I might have a little computer access at the hotel.
  3. lilboocorsola
    02-23-2012 10:23 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Oh wow, sorry for the late reply. Didn't realize you posted on your own profile. ^^;

Yeah, I'm not too keen on starting any super-long series at this point. I'm already struggling to get my butt in gear to watch Hikaru no Go, which is 75 episodes. The longest series I've watched is Rurouni Kenshin, which is 94. The HxH reboot will be the first long(?) shounen series I follow from the very beginning.

I highly recommend Kanon, it's beautiful. After Story perhaps just beats it out in terms of raw emotion, though it does have a really weird ending.

How about some more recent series? Have you heard of Madoka or Ano Hana?
  4. lilboocorsola
    02-17-2012 09:51 AM
    lilboocorsola
    I've never watched Naruto, nor do I care to. ^^; HxH is enough for me. (Lol, I can't think of Sasuke without imagining him as a blue-skinned pink-haired fishboy though. Don't ask, my friend came up with it.)

Never seen Inuyasha either.

Heard of Detective Conan, hasn't seen it. I only started being able to watch a lot of animé when I entered college a couple years ago, since my home doesn't have hi-speed internet. Hence my experience with older shows is somewhat lacking.

You mentioned you've seen Clannad. How about the other Key series? Particulary Kanon. Also, I'd recommended checking out After Story, that's when the show really gets good.
  5. InnerFlame
    02-17-2012 02:35 AM
    InnerFlame
    I say go for it; it's fantasy with demons and gods. I think I just really like to the characters. I must say between the four of them I think they got most of the 7 deadly sins.

I'm sure I stopped watching it because I got to the last episode out at the time and I never went back to check for newer ones to come.

I guess I'll give that a look too. I don't mind fillers too much as long there isn't a lot of them coughcoughNarutocough... that is the big reason I stopped watching it. That and my Sasuke-kun turned..... bad. Inuyasha had a lot of fillers too and they weren't even that memorable... I couldn't even recall one. Still like it and watch it though.

Ever watch Case Closed/Detective Conan I used to watch that a lot.
  6. lilboocorsola
    02-16-2012 04:18 PM
    lilboocorsola
    I do that for games a lot as well. Less often for animé since I tend to marathon and I hate putting things on-hold, as I'll never come back to it. Though with all the new shows I've been watching, I recently seem to have fallen into the habit a bit more myself.

"Good guys but not that good", eh? Sounds a little like a hilarious '90s animé I just recently watched called Slayers. Perhaps I'll give it a shot.

Another one of my friends started Ouran years ago and stopped just a few episodes shy of the ending as well. At some point I'm going to have to force her to watch the rest, to satisy my own completionist urges. >.<;

Even if you've read the manga, I'd highly recommend checking out the animé, since their endings are handled differently. ...Although I guess you'd be spoilered on the big reveal. Plus you'd probably find the filler really boring. =/ Still, both are strong stories IMO. I've never cried as hard as I did at the animé's finale. T-T
  7. InnerFlame
    02-16-2012 03:32 PM
    InnerFlame
    Sure I can do a small review of the storyline of it. It has it's gay moments (unintentional... mostly). After the first one, there are these fangirls draw yaoi books about it. Just like real life where people pair straight together.

I didn't hate TMoHS but I just do that sometimes. I start something and for reasons beyond my knowledge I stop. Like this one game I played: I got to the final boss, lost once then I didn't touch the game for a whole year. I came back to it and finished it no problem.

Saiyuki is quite funny anime that takes place in China. I love the characters. They're the good guys but not that good.

I watched OHSHC pass the part where nice love triangle started crumpling as Haruhi picked the most obvious choice imo. The last thing I saw there were some 'problems' with our problem solver Tamaki. I've never seen the end of it.

I read Full Moon wo Sagashite; it was a cute four books (I think) manga. It was so sweet and the conflict it was really nicely written.
  8. lilboocorsola
    02-16-2012 01:29 PM
    lilboocorsola
    There is an animé version. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet though.

Aw, that sounds pretty sad. Could be something a friend of mine here may like. Perhaps you should write a review in the thread? =.

No way, a friend of mine also dropped off after the baseball episode. XD I don't understand how you can't keep watching such an awesome show. Well, in hindsight I can, but it is totally worth it in the end. ...Then again, another guy I recommended it to watched the whole thing and ended up despising it with every fiber of his being. >.>;

I've heard the name, again haven't seen it.

How about Ouran High School Host Club or Full Moon wo Sagashite? Those are my other two top favorites, next to TMoHS.
  9. InnerFlame
    02-16-2012 04:10 AM
    InnerFlame
    I used to watch Supernatural for a little while until I start missing a lot of episodes and it started getting confusing. My sister's friend is a big fan of it she occasion show me some of her favorite clips. Like when they were stuck going through TV shows... Nutcracker! Dean: I don't want to get hit in the nuts ...I want to say there an anime version of it.

Your & My Secret: I felt so bad for Akira. One chapter he went to see his how his family was doing since he was switch with a Momoi. And they were happier with their more 'manly' son. They were telling him (not knowing it's him), how much they like him like that and it must have hurt hearing that from his parents. But there some funny moments, too.

I've started it but for some reason never finish watching it. I don't remember why I stopped watching it but I believe I stopped right after their little baseball game.

Ever heard of Saiyuki? Probably my favorite anime.
  10. lilboocorsola
    02-16-2012 03:08 AM
    lilboocorsola
    Oh, ha ha. Clever. XD

I haven't been this strangely spooked since waching an episode of Supernatural a few years ago, I think. Normally I don't like horror, but I'm a big fan of this show. Mostly for the humor, but the quasi-yaoi relationship between two cute brothers might have something to do withit. ^^;

I know of DN Angel and Skip Beat, never read/seen them though. The others I've never heard of. =. (Cross-)genderbendering is always fun though. XP

Ever heard of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?