UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Zorchic

Conversation Between Zorchic and SpinyShell
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 15
  1. SpinyShell
    05-01-2021 04:19 PM
    SpinyShell
    I quoted your post to look at the code and was messing around with it to see if I could get the HOME images to appear. I noticed that if I were to add a second image from the same URL, then both the image I added and the spoilered image would appear in the preview. Even if I deleted the image that I added and reverted the code back to how you had it, I could still see the images. I tested this with your Seviper, Carnivine, and Frillish posts and I can now see their images in your member post.

Maybe if you delete the original code and re-add the images they might appear?
  2. Zorchic
    05-01-2021 04:00 PM
    Zorchic
    Thanks for letting me know, I'm not sure what to do about that. The images in the spoiler tags were supposed to be Pokémon HOME renders, like those in Missingno. Master's member post, but I can't seem to get them to show up.
  3. SpinyShell
    05-01-2021 02:57 PM
    SpinyShell
    Just wanted to let you know that it seems the images in your member post don't work. I can click on the spoiler tags, but nothing appears.
  4. SpinyShell
    02-23-2021 01:04 PM
    SpinyShell
    I'll be honest, I'm unsure if Lick is the right play, but since I forgot to Lick last round I guess I'll make up for it this round.
  5. Zorchic
    02-23-2021 11:17 AM
    Zorchic
    Hi SpinyShell; do you mind if you change your order for this round in the Torkoal raid to Lick, please? Paralyzing the Raid Boss might be our only chance to get Torkoal to use a shockwave, which would reset stats and status conditions.
  6. Zorchic
    02-21-2021 10:55 AM
    Zorchic
    Okay, I asked King Ghidorah and Connor over Discord for whether they thought Lick was a good idea, and they're fine with it. I agree with them, so if you want, you can change your order to Lick. To be fair, Lick does have a risk in just being kinda useless if the paralysis does not activate and if the Raid Boss doesn't target you with Body Press (if Body Press is even used), but I still feel like Lick would be your best option here.
  7. SpinyShell
    02-21-2021 09:35 AM
    SpinyShell
    After playing several raids, I’ve noticed that it seems like the updater will often nudge the battle in a certain direction. Even if Body Press isn’t a kill, I wouldn’t be surprised if a second attack does finish off my Kecleon, or another Pokémon is fainted instead. There’s been some buildup to this moment and I think the battle is going to take a more serious turn. I could be wrong though.

That being said, if the others think Lick is viable I’ll definitely use it.

Edit: I guess the point I’m making here is that Ancient Power is high reward/high risk while Psybeam is low reward but not necessarily low risk. Lick is probably low reward/low risk. Though, I’m probably overanalyzing this and whatever move I pick will probably have minimal impact on the course of the battle.
  8. Zorchic
    02-20-2021 09:00 PM
    Zorchic
    I feel that the extent to which Torkoal's Defense is boosted does not turn away Psybeam as an option by itself. In raids, stat boosts are less...effective...than in the games. A stat boost adds 0.1 to the multiplier of the attack's damage; the stat +1 would multiply the damage by 1.1, +2 would multiply the damage by 1.2, e.t.c., but that's not completely obvious just by looking at the raid updates, so I can understand why Psybeam may not look so appealing. With Torkoal's +5 Defense, Body Press would be just as powerful as if it were STAB with no Defense boosts.

That said, I do think Lick is a completely viable alternative to Ancient Power in this situation. Using the attack would turn your Kecleon into a Ghost-type, making you immune to Fighting if I'm not mistaken, and the paralysis chance is a nice boon despite the low power. I would say Lick is indeed a good choice here, but I'll need to ask the others.
  9. SpinyShell
    02-20-2021 08:29 PM
    SpinyShell
    Do you think using Lick in an attempt to try and get a paralysis could be a viable alternative to Ancient Power despite the drastic attack drop? To me, Psybeam's resistance to Fighting moves doesn't outweigh the benefits of using Ancient Power, naming super-effectiveness and a possible stat boost.

Edit: And considering how high Torkoal's defenses are, I honestly don't think Psybeam's resistance would make a difference. If Torkoal's using Body Press, I'd imagine it's because the raid updater wants a KO.
  10. Zorchic
    02-20-2021 05:00 PM
    Zorchic
    Hi, I realized that with the increase of the Raid Boss's Defense in the Torkoal raid, we might be in danger from a Body Press, which uses the user's Defense stat to calculate damage instead of the user's Attack. Since Body Press is a Fighting-type move, do you think it would be a good idea to have your Kecleon use Psybeam instead of Ancient Power, so you can resist a potential Body Press? Psybeam is much weaker than Ancient Power if used on Torkoal, but the Psychic type might help you to take Body Press better if it is used. If you don't think using Psybeam is a good idea, would Bind be an okay option as well, if you want to avoid super effective Max Quake damage and put some residual damage on the boss? I was told through Discord that I should use Whirlpool, and binding moves do not stack, so never mind this part.