Conversation Between Shadowshocker and Jerichi
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 117
  1. Shadowshocker
    05-08-2017 07:08 AM
    Shadowshocker
  2. Jerichi
    01-10-2017 08:03 PM
    Jerichi
    Sorry Shadow you only get 1 Terrain seed of your choice, not 4.
  3. Shadowshocker
    10-01-2015 08:01 AM
    Shadowshocker
    Yeah, just haven't updated it - I'll be editing it over the following hour or so.
  4. Jerichi
    09-30-2015 11:20 AM
    Jerichi
    I'm going to be doing the tally for the Monthly Update Shop soon and I don't see your post for the month. Did you update/want to enter for the top updater prizes?
  5. Shadowshocker
    10-10-2013 10:19 PM
    Shadowshocker
    Eh. I suppose the reason why I'm uncomfortable with it is that under most scenarios I don't typically roll for reaction time. Add to the fact that things like "Agility dodge Supersonic" and "Rapid Spin Torkoal outspeeds Elekid" exist and... yeah, I'm less willing to be convinced that it's not possibly lolbroken.

Or I could just be the useless dick as usual.
  6. Jerichi
    10-10-2013 10:14 PM
    Jerichi
    I don't see it as particularly broken and it often is accompanied by a reaction time penalty. Also considering it can only really be useful going first, it's a concession we make towards people who are bad at ordering first.

To be honest, it's not a very good use of if orders, so I don't really have a problem with keeping it legal.
  7. Shadowshocker
    10-10-2013 10:09 PM
    Shadowshocker
    That wording doesn't make sense to me, maybe because of the connotation of "next move" suggesting that A has to have occurred first.

Do we have a reason why this is legal?
  8. Jerichi
    10-10-2013 10:03 PM
    Jerichi
    It's still one if because the net is you still swapping one move for another; it doesn't matter when you're doing it.

It's basically "A then B. If X happens, use C instead of your next move." It could result in 3 possible situations but it's still legal.
  9. Shadowshocker
    10-10-2013 09:57 PM
    Shadowshocker
    Still doesn't make sense to me - it's really combining two ifs into one that mucks with order in general. "If 1, then A. If 2, then B. If Attack X was A, then B. If Attack X was B, then C." Really? =/

Somewhat relevantly, how is this different from saying "Use Flamethrower and Mega Punch. If this happens, switch both moves around"? Unless this scenario is legal too.
  10. Jerichi
    10-10-2013 09:52 PM
    Jerichi
    Oh no it only replaces one or the other, not both.