UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > lilboocorsola

Conversation Between lilboocorsola and Median Dia
Showing Visitor Messages 61 to 70 of 70
  1. lilboocorsola
    09-06-2017 04:53 PM
    lilboocorsola
    You know, I wonder if the reason my second riddle was so easy is because I ended up cheating on the first one. XD I'm just not great at riddles in the first place. ^^; (Although I still say "water" could work... *mumble*)

Yeah I ended up using the opportunity to sort of explain/give an excuse why it happened. XP (Does Nuzleaf not learn GRASSWHISTLE naturally? Huh, that's weird.)

Hey I failed spectacularly at a Smart Contest once (which for that reason I'm kinda glad seems to have been wiped from the records XP). I've had some... "interesting" Appeals submitted when I was judging as well, which were amusing to write the results of even if they didn't end up doing so well. ^^; But hey, I always say go for creativity. I think the more unique way you can conceive a Move to be used is more important than their "official" status in-game.
  2. Median Dia
    09-06-2017 04:30 PM
    Median Dia
    I know a little about temperate flowers, but... I'm on Tsareena's team. *All the plants are trocpical* and the one tropical flower I know did not match the description at all!

Oh. Well, a good mistake is one you can salvage, right? Right. (Also, I wish Grasswhistle were more readily available- my future nuzleaf would be quite happy with it!)

We'll see how that goes. Having participated in ASB's attempt at them and failing horribly specifically because I didn't realize that Belly Drum was Cute in-game (I figured it would be Tough), I'm a bit hesitant about them in a text-based environment. At the very least, I can pride myself in the fact that I've surprised the CG team- they were not expecting me to turn around and use Frenzy Plant in the Haunted House!
  3. lilboocorsola
    09-06-2017 04:18 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Ahh yeah I saw some people got flower-related riddles and was hoping I wouldn't receive one since I know nothing about different types of flowers either. ^^;

At least my "problems" were pretty simple: Calming down a crying Azurill and distracting a guard who kept talking about his TV shows. XP It's a good thing I taught my Petilil GRASSWHISTLE at least since that turned out to be pretty useful. (Although it was actually an accident in the first place since I forgot I had a rule about not giving her any outside training assistance aside from Zones. >.>; )

Mm it's this kind of thing that makes me really miss Contests. I love seeing the innovative ways Moves can be used and combined to create a performance. I hope they do get brought back eventually.
  4. Median Dia
    09-06-2017 04:06 PM
    Median Dia
    I... had absolutely no idea what the heck the first one was supposed to be, and wound up giving a small dissertation on floral anatomy instead because that was the closest thing to an answer I could come up with. Yeah, that wasn't going to do me any good.

The first "problem" was even more ridiculous- they expected me to somehow have my technologically declined character fix a broken humidifier (which I didn't existed IRL prior to that) with a tangrowth. Naturally, I flopped on that too.

The second riddle literally could've been anything, so that didn't help my case either.

The second problem, on the other hand, was hilariously easy in comparison. Even with the psuedo-randomness Nature Power has, both of its potential outcomes in that area would've solved the problem in an instant!

They'll probably make it count, since the skelly does use its move on your behalf. If it does get through, however, you'd have a neat little necromancer thing going on there!
  5. lilboocorsola
    09-06-2017 03:49 PM
    lilboocorsola
    I was kinda lucky(?) since the first riddle I got I was able to easily Google. XP *shot* The second one turned out to be really simple too. ^^; Though I still ended up having to utilize the same Move to solve the "problem" for both, which I already felt weird about repeating. >.>;

Considering the Skull of Forgotten Skulls technically isn't a Move, I wonder if I could combine the two, or if that would be considered cheating? XD
  6. Median Dia
    09-06-2017 03:43 PM
    Median Dia
    ...Oops. Seems like we got hit with opposite problems, then. I wound up getting the most ridiculous riddles in my Team, and it definitely showed early on...

Unfinished Symphony is also (probably) a sound-based move, so you could probably get away with using it for both the Haunted House and the voice thing. Between a cutesy thing singing creepily in one room and a ton of undulating thorny vines in another, I'd say that Haunted House is well on its way to being actually freaky as all get-out!

(Summoning a skelly for every visitor would be even creepier than the above, that's for sure)
  7. lilboocorsola
    09-06-2017 03:36 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Lol the reason I chose Petilil for the riddle quest was in part because it didn't look like it would involve knowing any techniques. Oh how misleading...

Mm unfortunately UNFINISHED SYMPHONY causes passive damage ŕ la NIGHTMARE. Another option is VOODOO BUGALOO, but I don't want to associate her with a gypsy "stereotype", so to speak. XP

(Alternatively I could just swap her Hold Item to my Liltwick's Skull of the Forgotten Skulls temporarily. *shot*)
  8. Median Dia
    09-06-2017 03:26 PM
    Median Dia
    There should be a few more events, so maybe there'll be a better chance in one of those? I'm just glad the riddles didn't actually count for anything, honestly. At least, it doesn't look like they do...

Hey, it works and doesn't involve waiting until the end of the week! Already doing better than the other folks looking to teach a move for a single game.

I mean, I don't plan on actually hitting anybody, just being freaky as all getout. I'm not that dumb!
  9. lilboocorsola
    09-06-2017 03:20 PM
    lilboocorsola
    Mm I was sure Sewaddle's CAMOUFLAGE would come in handy somewhere, which is why I ultimately held off on using her in the first water balloon fight phase in case a better opportunity presented itself.

Meh, I guess I'll have to figure something out. Maybe I can teach my Petilil UNFINISHED SYMPHONY at least, since it kinda fits with her theme. (I don't want to cause any actual damage to the people passing through the Haunted House though...)
  10. Median Dia
    09-06-2017 03:10 PM
    Median Dia
    *Responding to your comment from the Q&A here so that it doesn't derail that thread's purpose*

Oh, yeah, Camouflage would've been pretty fun! I'd've done something similar if I could use my inkay (since he knows the move as well), but I'm quite happy with what I went with instead~!

Supposedly, they went through every pokemon in use's movepools to create a carnival where each one could do well in at least three events, but that's pretty tricky business. You aren't the only one who's struggling.