UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > TalkSick

Conversation Between TalkSick and Trot Away
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 50
  1. TalkSick
    12-25-2015 09:41 AM
    TalkSick
    Eh I don't know, I don't understand why anyone would think that a 4vs4 would be a 4/6, and why exactly after he has gained a preferable match up and not before. Too fishy, he was hoping the referee would be a gentle person like you and say "Which one do you want? I can do either". But yeah maybe I am being paranoid and he was just inquiring.

I should have objected to 4/6 when the time was right , but I had only participated in 6/9, and had no idea how short it would be and how once someone falls behind, they can't recover. I didn't knew that it was basically a coin toss as to who wins.
  2. Trot Away
    12-25-2015 09:28 AM
    Trot Away
    But in that particular matchup, they clearly checked if it was one or the other, and everyone agreed on that setting. Again, if you had a problem, don't hesitate to say something about it! There were plenty of regrets and missed opportunities I have had by keeping quiet, shyness is sort of a flaw of mine...

Remember that minds can change and someone may want something different at the last minute. I try to remember to ask if which scale will be used when it comes to short matchups. And if I don't, it will usually be the standard.

Yeah, I agree that 4/6 can be pretty touch-and-go. I very much prefer the standard myself. But I wouldn't write the shorter scale off completely, it works if you want to finish things quicker and/or you're not picky about winning or losing!
  3. TalkSick
    12-25-2015 09:10 AM
    TalkSick
    " Want to include a special rule? You can always come to an agreement before the match even starts!"
    This what you said and I completely agree! Before the match starts! But he did it after I sent out my pokemon, which is not right.
  4. TalkSick
    12-25-2015 09:06 AM
    TalkSick
    Maybe it wasn't deliberate, but looking at his match against Goose, I seriously doubt it. I highly doubt that someone who has about 15 complete battles and is a former referee has no idea that what the default format is and doesn't know that if it is a 4/6 then it is posted in the open challenges thread. Seriously, take a look at his recently started match against Goose, it is on the upn. Anyways I didn't complain about him in the S/E thread and rather just asked so that they make it a rule so that ifyou want to change to 4/6, do it before the pokemon is sent out.
    I seriously underestimated the stupidity of 4/6, otherwise I would have just "Signal Beam, Blizzard x2" first turn. Anyways I am not going to continue and would rather have another proper match instead. If I am going to lose, I prefer losing in a proper way like my lose against you where you honestly played better than me.
  5. Trot Away
    12-25-2015 08:46 AM
    Trot Away
    I don't really think it's fair to say that they are deliberately switching things to work in their favor...That's why I asked to specify beforehand so there's no confusion. Remember, pokemon will have less energy as well as health to work with on that scale, so it helps to take extra care!

On that note, i'd like to tell you that you'll always have a say in the matter with these things. Don't like the arena? Want a different Equilevel/Equiall? Want to include a special rule? You can always come to an agreement before the match even starts! The 4/6 scale is often used for shorter matchups. If you wanted the standard scale, you have every right to let me or your opponent know. I'm sure they'd be fine with it!

And even if they didn't, know that no one can force you to to stay in a match you don't wish to participate in. So if you have a problem, please speak up! But I do recommend you stick with it to the end, even if things don't look good...Who knows how things could turn out?
  6. TalkSick
    12-25-2015 07:58 AM
    TalkSick
    If I can't be dqed then cancellation is fine.
    You asked the "which format" but he didn't respond at first so I thought it would be default 6/9, but instead he waited till after I sent out my pokemon. He was the one that posted the challenge so I thought I had no say in the matter, and I had never been in 4/6 match before, so I let it go, but after I saw that he tried the same thing to trick another rookie, I made up my mind to not respond.
  7. Trot Away
    12-25-2015 07:28 AM
    Trot Away
    Hmm...Are you sure? If you insist. I'll let SilverChiko know.

Actually, I was under the impression that you two agreed upon the format of the battle. When they said 4/6, you didn't say anything otherwise. If you wanted 6/9 instead, you could have let either of us know...
  8. TalkSick
    12-25-2015 01:39 AM
    TalkSick
    I don't wish to continue in a match where the opponent changed the format of the match after I sent out my pokemon, and I doesn't want to fight an opponent who has someone else ordering for him. Feel free to dq me.
  9. Trot Away
    12-25-2015 01:16 AM
    Trot Away
    You're being waited on in this matchup, if you're still willing to go on.
  10. Trot Away
    11-08-2015 09:32 PM
    Trot Away
    Hey there! Your match with TheKnightsFury is ready now. Here is a link.